Fake Whites Detectors Now Using Gerry For Marketing :(

The Chinese have gone nuts flooding the auction sites with fake Whites detectors since Whites closure for very cheap prices and instead of blanking out the brand name they're taking on the Whites names even in their marketing and on the detectors.  They used to edit the photos of them hiding the branding I guess to keep the brand names from complaining and are doing that far less now Whites is out of business.

They've even been so bold as to use one of Gerry's videos for their marketing and branding the video with their GPoint brand logo at the start of the video acting like Gerry is endorsing their detectors.

290583237_FakeGMT.thumb.jpg.d9b9202afec43500102662f6889b779f.jpg

I doubt there is anything you can do Gerry but if you want the direct link to the detector being sold with your video on it as advertising I will give you it, I won't post it here as I don't want people being foolish buying one of these detectors thinking they're getting the real deal for a cheap price as they're not the real deal, and they will likely not work near as well either.

It's sad to see this happening but I guess it was inevitable with Whites going out of business they'd get more bold with their fake detectors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4
  • Oh my! 4

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

The Chinese have gone nuts flooding the auction sites with fake Whites detectors

Thanks for sharing the information and I don't think that anything can be done against them unless the FBI would get involved.

• Haha 1

I'm very tempted to buy one and put bad reviews up all over the place....

• Like 2

Not much anyone can do about, many counties its not an issue importing fakes. They are mainly marketed towards to those in the goldfields of Africa and the like. If they set up shop in the USA, then Garrett can go to town like Fisher did.

• Like 2

I think it's prudent NOT to buy any detector advertised as "new" from a company that is out of business. It just doesn't make sense to do that. Tesoro's are for sale right now with a lifetime warranty LOL! Whites is dead and buried and frankly outclassed by a 300.00 machine with a warranty. Might as well buy a "long range gold finder" at this point. If you think you're getting a deal.

• Like 3

Actually reporting it to Garrett and Ali Express themselves the units will be pulled, at least for a little while.

Trouble is as long as people keep buying fakes they will keep making them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

I think it's prudent NOT to buy any detector advertised as "new" from a company that is out of business. It just doesn't make sense to do that. Tesoro's are for sale right now with a lifetime warranty LOL! Whites is dead and buried and frankly outclassed by a 300.00 machine with a warranty. Might as well buy a "long range gold finder" at this point. If you think you're getting a deal.

Think the Lifetime warranty applied to the company and not necessarily the machines 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Thanks for sharing the information and I don't think that anything can be done against them unless the FBI would get involved

Now Caleb, you know what FBI really stands for these days! Use your imagination!! Can't say anymore than that; at least not here on the forum!! But your always welcome to call or email me, for my honest opinion!!🤣😂

And believe it or not, there are actually still a few unused, new Whites Detectors out there!! I actually got one last year from Gerry directly, and still have it!! An MXT All Pro!!

Also, some people just "collect" those new older detectors, but never take them out of the box!! And they sometimes will pop up unexpectedly for sale! 👍👍

• Like 2

Sad ……...what makes these counterfeiters keep keep doing what they do……because people keep buying there stuff………just saw a fake Teknetics G2+ for $149 …..what a deal 

• Like 1