Fake Whites Detectors Now Using Gerry For Marketing :(

Β  Β 

37 minutes ago, strick said:

But....how do we know that is the real Gerry...my guess is they are probably using a fake Gerry as well ? just sayinΒ 

strick

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚Β  Β I'm no expert at anything! But I'm pretty confident that the "Gerry mold" was broken, crushed, powdered, and scattered into a black hole!!🀣 I don't even think cloning him would be close to the same!! And that is just what little experience I have had with him directly!! I still have a brain fart, every time I try and say his name correctly! πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, strick said:

But....how do we know that is the real Gerry...my guess is they are probably using a fake Gerry as well ? just sayinΒ 

strick

Well if the Scottish could manage to clone Dolly the sheep in the 90's I'm sure the Chinese could clone a Gerry the Detectorist/Detector Salesman in the 2020's.

I think you're onto something strick.... we will now have clone Gerrys selling clone detectors all across China to deal with!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, phrunt said:
16 hours ago, strick said:

strick

Well if the Scottish could manage to clone Dolly the sheep in the 90's I'm sure the Chinese could clone a Gerry the Detectorist/Detector Salesman in the 2020's.

I think you're onto something strick.... we will now have clone Gerrys selling clone detectors all across China to deal with!

Since Gerry has yet to deny that he has been taken advantage of does it mean that he's part owner of the site?

Just kidding of course, but I do like to keep an open mind.

Sorry for not responding folks but I've been on planes traveling the world.Β  Yes that looks to be my clone in the pics or was it me in person?Β Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Sorry for not responding folks but I've been on planes traveling the world.Β  Yes that looks to be my clone in the pics or was it me in person?Β Β 

Could only tell by the accent hehe

• Haha 3

One problem with keeping old designs for a long time is that it made White’s a sitting duck for the counterfeiters. This will eventually be a concern for those buying used detectors, as a way to β€œlaunder” these fakes, is to buy them, and then resell them as β€œused detectors” on eBay. The people most at risk are those bottom feeding for β€œthat extra special deal.” Buyer beware!!

When this topic loses steam here I will move it to the White’s forum, and may even pin it to top as a warning.

• Like 6

On 9/21/2021 at 8:43 AM, kac said:

Think the Lifetime warranty applied to the company and not necessarily the machines πŸ™‚

That's always the way it is.....how's that Tesoro lifetime warranty on a detector working for you lately? The detector and the warranty are only as good as the company who makes them.

• Like 2