Victoria Earthquake

Who felt the earthquake?

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Not me, but 1 of these days I may feel one here in Illinois that kicks California into the ocean.

• Haha 5

Yep, in lockdown so was home for the show. Did the walk around and checked the house, no cracks or any damage. Had a few smaller ones but for Melbourne this was the biggest in my experience. Animals are sensitive to these things, someone forgot to tell our cat who snoozed through the whole thing. It has been an interesting year for sure. All the best.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

🙋‍♂️

We had a smaller one near Myrt nearly 20 years ago but this one was a ripper.  House certainly had a good shake for about 20 seconds and then you could just feel a little tremble in the ground for another 10 seconds or so.  

As far as I know there has been no injuries.  Some building damage.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Felt it here in Latrobe Valley, it was a good shake. I had one in PNG that I could not walk down the hallway to the kids bedroom without being bounced from one wall to the other. About 1977 had another in Guam that knockout the Island TV receptions. The Old Power Stations Transformers in my Area used a Gas/Oil surge protection that would of tripped with todays shake. 50 years ago I inspect the high voltage electrical equipment after an Earthquake in Morwell and found damage to the the cables exiting the 11,000 V Generator that had to be shutdown till repaired.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It was by far the strongest one I have felt in my 50 odd years in this country.

Our double story house was swaying so much that I feared that it would slip of its foundations and tumble down.

I ran to my teenage sons bedroom thinking he would be sheltering under the desk terrified, instead I found him gaming away

on his computer oblivious to what was happening around him.

When I asked him if he noticed the earth quake he said " Oh is that what it was, I thought it was just a bit of wind shaking the house."😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

That was no earthquake, it was all the protesters marching against Covid lockdowns!!🤔🤯

And my son suffers from the same "Gaming blindness"! Seems to be universal!🤣👍👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That is typical of kids today. My son is deadset on moving to Houston! Why I have no idea. He says he will have more opertunities for jobs apartments, and more things to do that are fun. His mom and I told him that the crime will be much higher than in Montana and that the heat and humidity may very well become a problem for him. I told him well you will move to Houston and you will learn by "The School Of Hard knocks". He said "what is that".🤣😆 I told him you will find out the hard way.

• Like 1

I went out into the bush when we had one of our 'lockdowns' but yours are a bit more strict.