Victoria Earthquake

mn90403

Who felt the earthquake?

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Not me, but 1 of these days I may feel one here in Illinois that kicks California into the ocean.

• Haha 5

Yep, in lockdown so was home for the show. Did the walk around and checked the house, no cracks or any damage. Had a few smaller ones but for Melbourne this was the biggest in my experience. Animals are sensitive to these things, someone forgot to tell our cat who snoozed through the whole thing. It has been an interesting year for sure. All the best.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

🙋‍♂️

We had a smaller one near Myrt nearly 20 years ago but this one was a ripper.  House certainly had a good shake for about 20 seconds and then you could just feel a little tremble in the ground for another 10 seconds or so.  

As far as I know there has been no injuries.  Some building damage.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Felt it here in Latrobe Valley, it was a good shake. I had one in PNG that I could not walk down the hallway to the kids bedroom without being bounced from one wall to the other. About 1977 had another in Guam that knockout the Island TV receptions. The Old Power Stations Transformers in my Area used a Gas/Oil surge protection that would of tripped with todays shake. 50 years ago I inspect the high voltage electrical equipment after an Earthquake in Morwell and found damage to the the cables exiting the 11,000 V Generator that had to be shutdown till repaired.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Glad that everyone is doing alright from the quake, and hope that the gold pops up out of the ground for you.