17 Ounce Patch

nvchris

Not just Dan(NM) that's discovered virgin ground (silver coin patch in his case).  It's like I'm reading my old Treasure Found magazines from the 1980's!  Just the nuggets around that centerpiece would make most detectorists week/month/year (/decade?).

• Like 2

Nice job Chris, you have the gift I remember a previous post a while back on another nice find…poundage it was I think, or something like that. Anyway another very nice find and beautiful gold.

• Like 1

WTG Chris.

I hope people notice that your hipstick is of the new design without the canvas/nylon strap.  I wore out my strap and when I bought a replacement the 'kit' let me use the old rod and put on plastic parts that will not wear out after 6 years or so ... haha

Now, I wonder if you were using a detector that needed the hipstick?

I miss northern Nevada this time of year.

• Like 1

Great finds for sure, now can you please send an invite with GPS numbers so I can meet you there.

Good luck on your next hunt.

I hear you loud and clear Chris.  A rare few occasions have produced some of my best patches, but at the same time, I still like going to the old and sneaking some leftovers.  Besides, it keeps me on my toes and my ears tuned. 

Those big ones are out there and usually not as deep as many would expect.

Well done buddy.

• The title was changed to 17 Ounce Patch.
  • The title was changed to 17 Ounce Patch