Close Encounters Of The Third Kind

Skookum

Creature encounters  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been stung by a scorpion?

• No, thank you.
    • Yes, while prospecting!
    • Yes, but not prospecting.
  2. 2. Have you ever had a close encounter with one of the following while detecting?

29 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

and not the last, the DROP BEAR

Spot on Geoff, they scare the crap out of me too.. At school they used to teach us to 'look up and stay alive'.. I've included some pictures of a Drop Bear for our Yankee mates..  

Screenshot 2023-01-02 181115.jpg

• Haha 9
  • Oh my! 1

Yeah, us Southerners feel left out too! Especially us Florida Southerners!

How about:

Alligators, a few salt water crocks, water moccasins, sharks, pythons, wild boars, angry beachfront owners....😁👍👍

• Haha 3

It seems to me people are the main predators and the most dangerous to other people, not the wildlife.

In Australia many of the critters and creatures can kill you yet very little does, for the most part very few people have problems.  The only one I'd be scared of is those crazy drop bears!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, geof_junk said:

I don't see any Eastern Brown Snakes, Tiger  Snakes, Crocodiles, Wild Camels, Pack of Dingos, Hoards Files and not the last, the DROP BEAR .... There is always some good points with these Creatures they scare many non Australian Residences away from OUR GOLD.  😁

..................☠️..................Grizzly bear

Taipans, Copperheads, Death Adders, Dugites, Box Jellyfish, Funnel Web Spider, Stone Fish, Sharks, Ivan Milat, Bradley John Murdoch..........

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

It seems to me people are the main predators and the most dangerous to other people, not the wildlife.

Agreed Simon!

Their not an occasional risk here, but an ever present danger, depending where you hunt! 😔 Animals are at least honest, and somewhat predictable, in their behavior! I wanted to keep it light, so I didn't throw humans in the mix!!🍀👍👍

On 1/2/2023 at 1:15 AM, Erik Oostra said:

Spot on Geoff, they scare the crap out of me too.. At school they used to teach us to 'look up and stay alive'.. I've included some pictures of a Drop Bear for our Yankee mates..  

Thank you those pics are hilarious.  

• Haha 1