Oct 9th Weekend Outings For Gold

Stev H can move this if it doesn't belong here! That weekend there R no less than 4 outings for gold prospectors!

OC49ers(as "guests") of LDMA,

Taft Club,

Pat Keene's group

and where I'll be at Rocky Road (160 acre claim) for Antelope Valley Treasure Club chili cook out.

One viewer mentioned he was interested in going out and that he had also joined Taft but had not yet gone on an outing with them. You may look these clubs up and contact them for   directions or I can also direct you as I have been out with all of them. This nugget was found on a OC49er claim this year with an EQ800. I will be going back there another time as I am committed to the AV club outing for that weekend. 

IMG_0806.jpg.6998c76ba88bfbe4184e5d95c762db7f.jpg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

Hopefully your listing of outings has great turn outs and some more gold is recovered.  Nice NOX nugget.

• Like 1

Gerry..Thx again for the Rye Patch training this year on The EQ800..when I think of all the targets I did NOT dig in the several months I had the EQ because I was going by numbers until I got to your training and learned what to look for and dig...now I have to go back and dig those "passed over" targets! Oh well!

I also learned or validated(to myself at least) why I sold my GPX5000 and I wish I had known what you learned many years ago, that is, the 5000 didn't "see" a lot of targets! When I think of the time I wasted...man oh man! Yes, I'm quite sure that much more proficient detectorists have done well with the 5000...but they and I are a world apart in experience!

Finally, I at first was making a distinction after your training that the EQ would find gold that the GPX6000 wouldn't. Yes, but I've come around to the thinking that that EQ gold is soooo tiny that the EQ has it's place but the 6000 has an even bigger place and is much much better at finding deeper gold of most sizes...just not super tiny stuff. If it weren't so darn expensive and/or I lived in "gold" country and didn't have to travel hours to get to gold country!

• Like 1