Garrett 24k Advanced Features. Australia

As time goes on I  hope to see more videos of the Garrett 24k used all over the world. The 24k does seem to impress those who have used it. We can never have too much choice when it comes to machines. As good as the new GPX 6000 is on small gold I still believe there is room for a good VLF in the arsenal. All the best.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• karelian changed the title to Garrett 24k Advanced Features. Australia

I really need (want) to try one of these out West…….in some iron infested locations 👍

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Rick N. MI
      The weight is about the same as a T2se. Is the balance of a 24k similar to the T2se?
    • By GotAU?
      Saw this photo of a miner in Australia using pans to drywash, but is he trying to winnow for the gold?  Is this a real technique with pans? I know some ancient miners used to do it with blankets, but  this looks really messy and a good way to lose a lot of gold .  If it was a technique they used, I’d love to detect or sample that dirt pile underneath his pan.

• By karelian
      My first day out of Melbourne Australia for a long time was spent exploring Nuggetty Hills near Maldon in Victoria. Felt good to get some fresh country air.
      Rocky hilly terrain meant I used a drone to get a better view. The drone has proven itself a very useful tool, for prospecting and more. All the best.

• By Rick N. MI
      How much can be disc out? Just wondering if it can disc out foil and be be used coin & relic hunting. I know it can disc out nails and still hit a 10k white gold earring. So it would be great for micro gold. 
      I hope Garrett makes the waterproof GMX in a light weight package. I wouldn't mind it in an AT Gold housing that can be hip mounted.
      My hunting is mostly in mild sandy lakes and some relic hunting.
      I had a GMX. A powerful detector. I wish I hadn't sold it. Now a light weight GMX would be nice.
    • By EL NINO77
      My first impressions of ... Garrett Goldmaster 24K is a very stable and yet fully powerful detector on a 6x10 "coil ...
      It can also be issued ..on 3 low - conductivity targets on my test field .. a piece of 0.05 gram gold stored at 10cm, a small 14mm silver earring at a depth of 20cm and a 14mm silver hammered coin placed at 23cm..in mild terrain ... Goldmaster on sensitivity 10. .and at low, and medium SAT can detect them nicely ... and I like deep VDI target identification .... in this test.
      Tests were done on discrimination and on audio 2 tone ...
      such very deep signals .... you already have in the identification of VDI 95 -99...
      What really interested me in this test is that the detector retains the same range on such mild terrain as in the air test ... Airtest 0.1gram of gold is at 10.5 cm ,,, at 14 mm hammered it is 22-23 cm ... at discrimination and 2 tone audio ..
       Now mineralization ..
      At Sensitivity 7 ... it is stable even at strong mineralization of the "golden forest" with a value of 6 bar F3o4 / magnetite ..
       But I will make more comparisons on various mineralized terrains..strength magnetite, hematite and various minerals ... such as Tesinite, Hematite type  quartz from Pirenenei and iron stone ...
       Now VDI identification ...
      Identification of VDI Goldmaster 24k ... is very well and interestingly done ...
      1.on VDI 50-60 you can identify very low conductive gold objects such as very small open gold earrings, 3mm stud earrings ,, at level 60 -70 other slightly gold low conductive objects .. ,,,,
      2. on VDI 70-80 you can already identify some medium-sized old low-conductivity bronze objects ...., such as a Roman buckle .., or parts of it ...
      3. VDI 80-88 .... will be a zone of low and medium conductive silver and gold hammered coins ,, as well as more modern coins based on nickel alloys ...
      4 .. VDI ..90-99 ... is a zone of very many silver and copper coins .... highly conductive coins ..
       I am satisfied with the fact that the Goldmaster 24K on the 6X10 "DD coil can correctly identify in the zone of non-ferrous targets VDI 99 ... a 42mm -28 gram large silver  ..high conductivity coin ..- 1.Thaler 1870 M-T ... which is a coin the  similar size of 1 silver dollar ...
    • By geof_junk
      Riddle of the rainforest coin.   Ancient Egyptian visitors to Australia or miner's mishap?
                                                                       ....Link to Coin....