Diggin' The Campground (update)

25 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Here's an interesting "relic" I dug, it was about 1 foot deep in a sand lot.20210926_093201.thumb.jpg.5a44aa8b4c2aba9b5581b4e1362b479b.jpg

A relic indeed, the last time I saw one of those was on a rerun of Star Trek, beam me up Scotty!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gold Seeker said:

A relic indeed, the last time I saw one of those was on a rerun of Star Trek, beam me up Scotty!!

I think I had one of those in about 2003.

Nice hunts! Always wondered what it would be like to hunt campgrounds...after seeing your pictures, I want to go camping!

• Like 1

Great job, as usual F350!!

Your definitely getting in your exercise on these camping trips! I expect your jewelry finds will increase, with luck! In the meantime, it's paying for itself rapidly, if it's not there already!!👍👍

I find it quite painful you're not digging targets 25 and up, I used to do the same thing just to dig all the common coin types that fall mostly between 9 and 22 here, then I was finding minimal silver, I changed to digging everything over 25 and my junk intake didn't change all that much but my silver intake grew rapidly.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

I find it quite painful you're not digging targets 25 and up, I used to do the same thing just to dig all the common coin types that fall mostly between 9 and 22 here, then I was finding minimal silver, I changed to digging everything over 25 and my junk intake didn't change all that much but my silver intake grew rapidly.

I'll dig anything 26 and up. Dimes are 25-27 here but if you see a 24 it's gonna be a penny. Quarters are 28-31, you might see a 32 if they're on top of the ground.

Used to not dig anything over 36 but if it goes to 40 (steel) I may not. Sorry I must have written something in error.

No worries! 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Used to not dig anything over 36 but if it goes to 40 (steel) I may not.

My consistent high 30's are almost always wraparound iron (including its alloys).  If I think it might be otherwise I dig the first scoop or two and recheck the hole.  Often the dTID's drop way down at that point.  Of course if they stay high then more investigation necessary.  I think silver dollars hit around 34 in air tests.  99.9% silver coins and small silver bars maybe 35.  So what high conductor hits high 30's, a large silver bar??  Several pieces of silver??  If cache hunting (or in an area where a cache might be hidden) you would of course dig these high dTID signals.

So as not to confuse anyone, above I'm referring to targets that consistently show high 30's.  In my area and with my settings, deep silver dimes can give pretty wild dTID swings which occasionally blip into the high 30's.

BTW, F350, did you mean the older copper alloy coins are at the low end of 19-25, not the other way around?  Or were you just distinguishing between Zincolns (21 for very fresh drops, going lower with age) and the copper alloy Memorials (26 and down)?

I must remember that you are detecting an area you don't expect any old coins, so all your dTID's are referring to modern coins that haven't been in the ground all that long.  ("Long" means 50 years in my book.  😉)

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

BTW, F350, did you mean the older copper alloy coins are at the low end of 19-25, not the other way around?  Or were you just distinguishing between Zincolns (21 for very fresh drops, going lower with age) and the copper alloy Memorials (26 and down)?

Wondered if this might cause some confusion, but here Zincolns are for the most part 18-21. Pre-82 Memorials are 20-25, sometimes even hit higher, so I dig them. A clad dime is going to be 24-27. I get memorials when I think I have a dime and vice versa. Factors like how wet the ground is are the variable. It changes as the dew evaporates.

I'm averaging a coin find about every 4 minutes. 😵

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Diggin' The Campground (update)

Last day, hit 2 more Cornhole courts and got 81 more coins, about $15. 😀20210928_120740.thumb.jpg.d42407271f3f513b75b2653d2b256637.jpg

Got one Canadian penny, and a little copper medallion that has "05" on one side and "02" on the other.

Almost 300 coins in 4 days. 🤪

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1