Gpx-6000 Normal Vs Difficult Timings

Don71

Has anybody done a quick air test on a U.S. Quarter or other large target with Normal vs Difficult Timings?

I have tested Normal vs Difficult and found that Normal is not deeper than difficult on large targets. (Manual 10 or Auto +1 Sensitivity)
I also get very broken or confused signals while using Normal at fringe depths while Difficult gives nice & clear high-low signals.

Do others notice normal timing giving greater depth on large targets over difficult timings on the 6000?

(There may be something wrong with my 6000. In addition to Normal giving zero extra depth for me,  I have received an intermittent "coil error" with both the 11" & 17" mono coil.  This usually happens after using the machine for some time in the field and once it starts, it won't stop even with a full factory reset. I have the machine scheduled to go back to Minelab and I am hoping they can reproduce the "coil error" fault I keep getting.)

-Don

i have not done too much testing with the 6k. i got it out of the box and into the field and have not looked back.
as for Normal vs Difficult Timings. in Normal i have have found myself digging hot ground targets then switching to Difficult, and the target disappears.
i now hunt mostly in Difficult, every location is different. manual when i can, a bit more sensitive, i think?
instead of using a U.S. Quarter, might i suggest lead. it often sounds very similar and preforms very much like gold.
i might have to do a bit of testing myself.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, Don71 said:

I have received an intermittent "coil error" with both the 11" & 17" mono coil.

Hi Don. 

Can't say I have done a lot of air testing between Normal/Difficult but do find the same as Bishop outlined above re: ground noise.   Normal tends to liven up false signals a bit more in the areas that I work.  Extensive checking of targets over a few months showed that Difficult lost very little re: hearing a genuine target but it sure cleaned up the ground noise issues.  This is likely different in a lower mineralised area. 

I have not received a 'coil error' warning at any time since I've had my GPX6 so I think you're right in requesting Minelab to have a look at it.  

Next time I'm out I will try an air test of a coin between Normal and Difficult for my own interest.   

Hope you get it sorted  👍

• Like 3

It's entirely possible something is wrong with it. Mine was defective right out of the box. Sent it back the next morning after it arrived. I was told they have some new ones in box's they would send one back to me now they don't have any left due to defective ones coming in. Now they are telling me they will get my replacement sent out as soon as more come in. Who knows when that will be, a few days, weeks or months. Especially with how things are going with shipping.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Oh my! 2

Hey Guys,

I have been hearing this, but have yet to have one of my customer with that problem yet.  Many are thinking it was a certain batch of serial numbers or units that could be defective.  I just got another batch in, so I'm hoping none of these are part of that group, if that is really the case.  

Goldseeker5000 - Humm .... 

Rob

• Like 1

My 6 will be here this coming Wednesday. They made sure it is working properly before they sent it to me. The Detector Center are good folks.

• Like 1