Fors Gold Plus Gets Hungry Sometimes

Beautiful, your killing it..

Really nice looking area, green and the cones on the ground... Nice gold and another good trip out Calgold.

The country reminds me how our gold bearing Ironbark Forrest's amoung the gold workings used to look pre - 2002/3 when solar flare activity kicked off our 10 year drought and bushfires took care of the rest. Moonscape now.

And what is Manzanita? Those eye-gouging twigs from the grey trees, or a poison oak type bush?

https://youtu.be/4JYtgUnxUwg

I only got a few lead videos and my first piece of gold until my media card in camera failed thanks to Paul jinxing me with his fancy gopro. lol I guess im going to have to go-pro and get one. did I mention for the hundredth time don't buy a cool cam brand hd camera. thanks also for the comments. and mazanita is a annoying bush that grows in thick patches in a lot of gold county. it will slap you in the face, poke your eye, and it loves it get your headphone cable tangled up. but I love breaking the manzanita to get even. other then that detecting can be so relaxing. lol

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, californiagold said:

https://youtu.be/4JYtgUnxUwg

I only got a few lead videos and my first piece of gold until my media card in camera failed thanks to Paul jinxing me with his fancy gopro. lol I guess im going to have to go-pro and get one. did I mention for the hundredth time don't buy a cool cam brand hd camera. thanks also for the comments. and mazanita is a annoying bush that grows in thick patches in a lot of gold county. it will slap you in the face, poke your eye, and it loves it get your headphone cable tangled up. but I love breaking the manzanita to get even. other then that detecting can be so relaxing. lol

Every time i try to get even with manzanita by smashing the limbs off with my pick i usually hurt myself!!

That stuff will actually trap you when you walk into it---you cant back up because it has already closed in behind you and tightened it grip---like a Venus Flytrap for detectorists.....

i once found a gold nugget the size of a baseball in an out-stretched hand of a skeleton who had been the unfortunate victim of the "maddening manzanita"---- it was in a hydro pit that i cant recall the cords (somwhere near Portola)--- i saw the nugget but didnt want to risk having the same fate as the poor old detectorist before me--- so i begrudgingly left for easier prey..... this is the price we pay for our game!!!!!--

:makro: media

• Like 2