A Great Week Just Got Even Better..

Those are excellent finds you got, and I would not be worried about the gold content or stones.

If your married give it to your wife, if your not married use it for bait to catch a girlfriend.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

…the Patron Saint of metal detecting (whoever that might be…

Saint Anthony of Padua is known as the Patron Saint of Lost Things. While his day job is helping the original owner find what was lost, I bet he looks after metal detectors in his spare time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The Island is very small, I drive around it on a Jetski and it didn't take very long 🙂

Fortunately for people living there if they need to they can catch a ferry across to the mainland which takes about 20 minutes from memory and arrive at a reasonable sized city called Townsville.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2021 at 6:33 PM, Erik Oostra said:

I've just been researching the bracelet (it's a tennis bracelet) and the stones could be zirconia instead of diamonds.. that would be a bit disappointing but is more in line with my luck as i'm yet to score the jackpot find on which i can retire a rich man.. one thing which makes me wonder is that the bracelets made with zirconia have fewer stones than this one.. i'll keep on researching.. Also the little gold earring is not gold..  

Take that tennis bracelet to a jeweler or pawn shop. They'll test the metal and stones and if they're real, they'll probably make you an offer. The jeweler will probably offer more than the pawn shop. I've found two silver pieces that had real diamonds mounted in them. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Fingers crossed! 🤞

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Take that tennis bracelet to a jeweler or pawn shop.

A friend took it over to the mainland today to see a jeweler.. the deal is that if the stones are zirconia then she gets the bracelet, if they're diamonds i'm gonna have to think about if she can keep it.. sounds fair to me.. 😁 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I dug a 14 k just like that several years ago

Crikey, what a haul! the clasp on both look the same.. like GhostLight said, fingers crossed.. but I've got a feeling that my friend will end up the real winner in the end.. 

• Like 1