I Found A Very Productice Spot In A Park Today

19 minutes ago, Raphis said:

Fantastic hot spot! Β πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
Those road trips of yours are ultra productive!!

Congrats!

It helps when the guys ahead of me leave a lot of the good stuff behind πŸ™‚

• Like 2

Every silver coin gets the adrenaline up. Haven't had many hunts like that. Wow! πŸ‘

How much clad did you pull?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Every silver coin gets the adrenaline up. Haven't had many hunts like that. Wow! πŸ‘

How much clad did you pull?

I dug 5 penny's, all from the early 60's , must be my lowest clad count ever πŸ™‚

• Like 4

Congrats on the successful hunt!!

I have a little spot like that whereas the top 6" have been hoovered, but anything past about 6" is an old coin.Β Β  It's drying up though, but I know there's more there lol

• Like 3

cal_cobra

It would be nice it every park would be so organized..

I like the hoovered theory but could it be fill instead ?

Maybe you could figure when (if?) they brought in the extra 6" by the dates on finds?Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 10:45 AM, rvpopeye said:

cal_cobra

It would be nice it every park would be so organized..

I like the hoovered theory but could it be fill instead ?

Maybe you could figure when (if?) they brought in the extra 6" by the dates on finds?Β 

Β 

Β 

Nah it's not fill dirt.Β  This is a spot that I have detected for eons, starting back when I had my Minelab Sovereign (which for me wasn't a great turf hunter, but was a great beach hunter).Β  I really didn't make a breakthrough at this site until I acquired a Fisher CZ-70.Β  First trip there with the CZ-70 was magic.Β  Then as I acquired subsequent detectors, they were taken there to get a feel for how they'd perform compared to the success the CZ-70 provided.Β  For many years I was a hard core Fisher fan, and used a Fisher F75 LTD/LTD2 for a decade, but it was easily displaced once I started using the Makro Red Racer, Racer 2, Makro Multi Kruzer, etc (I actually had my best hunt there with the Racer 2, digging 12 old coins in a single hunt whereas for years my F75 struggled to locate a single coin per hunt, it was an eye opener and the trend followed to my other hunt sites as well).

It's an old site, goes back to around the 1870's and given what I know about it, I am very methodical when I do detect it, gridding in multiple directions, and anything that makes a peep is investigated.Β  The days of five star easy button signals is long past.Β 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to I Found A Very Productice Spot In A Park Today