Why Do You Think There Is No Concentric Coils For The Nox?

They      have the coil molds for a 9'' coil from the X-terra  which is a  waterproof coil and  one that I never broke the ears off.I have all 3 of the 9'' concentric coils for the X-terra and liked the 18kz  the best because it was good on gold.Maybe this machine is like the T2 and can't handle a  concentric coil.They also have a 6'' coil  mold which would be nice for small gold if this machine could use a concentric coil.Could a concentric make this machine even better in iron?

• Like 2

I'm sure Steve, Jeff, and some others can answer this! But my guess is that they are incompatible, and/or may enter the "realm" of one of their other detectors! And as you know, ML tends to be a "little stingy" on coil production anyway!🤬

But definitely a valid question!!👍👍

• Like 1

Quote:"Maybe this machine is like the Teknetics T2 and can't handle a concentric coil."

It's definitely not this reason. The T2 uses a centre-tapped transmit coil, which makes it difficult/expensive ( though not impossible ) to create a cc coil. The Eqx has a conventional single-ended transmit coil, and so this restriction is not present.
I think the 'DD on CZ' issue mentioned above is nearer the mark. The Eqx is developed for a DD's characteristics, and it would take a load of extra development to make it work with either DD or CC. Having the ID/security chip in the coil would be useful here, as the coil could clearly identify itself as "A 12 inch concentric" , allowing the detector to choose the correct operating algorithms etc. to suit.
  • Like 3

Thanks Pimento. Well if they could do it I would like the 9'' plus a 6'' concentric. How many  would buy one if the 6'' was the same price as the 6'' DD and the 9'' was the same price as the 11''  DD  ? I have used the 9'' concentric in the shallows with the X-terra and it swings nicely in the water  compared to the 11'' coil on the Nox.

• Like 1

Here's another question along a similar vein:  why does neither Minelab nor Coitek make an Equinox coil within a closed housing?

• Like 4

🤯

• The title was changed to Why Do You Think There Is No Concentric Coils For The Nox?