Hello From Washington State

MD Bigfoot

Hi There everyone. 

May have been a member many years ago but fade in and out of metal detecting but recently back at it.

Looks like this site is chock full of informative folks and sure I'll have some questions.

Have one question right off the bat regarding whether or not there's a printing tool for being able to print a particular thread I'm very interested in.

If so I'm not seeing it.

Or a way to save a particular thread?

Thanks!! 

Welcome, not sure if you can just follow a topic category. Think most of us just wander around similar to the way we detetect or at least I do.

First off welcome to the forum and glad that you are here.

Now if you are following an article you can use your manage topics above where you sign out of.

I always copy and paste the information into a word document that I save on my computer. That way I can readily get what I am looking for.

Hope that helps a little for you, and I can't wait to read some of your posts and maybe see some of your finds.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard BF. Yes, there are tons of information here and (I think) a great bunch of nice people, for sure.👍😊

The tool for printing was mentioned above via copy/paste. May be Steve H., the site owner, may give a better solution/tool to your hands.

Most web browser will give you the opportunity to save a web-site to your computer. So this is for Firefox:

In the very upper left corner you may see the menu bar with the pull-down menus. Here you hit /file/save page as/. The next window leads to the download section (you may chose a different) and you can change the name for the download. And for the file-type chose [web page, complete (*.htm;*.html)].

image.png.b9074d0efa3511981e27175cdfa42824.png

This will save the shown page, not the whole thread. To save the whole thread you have to repeat this for all thread-sites.

Hope this will help a little...

• Like 2

Hello MD Bigfoot,

Are you a Podiatrist, or an NBA player! Or possibly a genuine Detecting Bigfoot! I hear that those are even rarer, and less seen, than the regular type!!🤣😂

Welcome (back?) to the forum! Glad to see your back at it! Lots of new information and equipment! But the detecting is still the same fun! 👍👍

• Like 2

Welcome back, Sasquatch!  You are correct that there are loads of useful information here as well as many knowledgeable users who will answer questions, give advice, etc.

Regarding your question about saving an entire thread, I can't help you there.  As was mentioned, Site Admin Steve Herschbach may have a recommended solution.  He doesn't read every thread (although I think he reads the Meet And Greet ones, eventually...).  You can PM him (envelope icon on upper right) to get a quick response.

• Like 2

Your browser had built in printing and save page tools, so there is nothing specifically built into the forum for those purposes. I’m often on my iPad, and often save pages directly to pdf files. When on Chrome on my PC, I either save complete web pages, or “print” them to pdf. In either case, printing is as easy as finding the print command. Bottom line, if you don’t know how, Google your browser name and either “print” or “save page” for more info.

• Like 2

On a Windows PC pressing CTRL and P at the same time generally is the shortcut keys to print from anything.  From there you can select the printer, either your actual printer or there should be an option of Save to PDF where you can save it as a file for later reading.

• Like 3

guys, I added some Tips

Print 2 Seconds =
ascII [ask-ee] are numbers that means 155 = ¢ and E = 69 etc
click <Num Lock> to numbers & hold <ALT> & 155 & you will have ¢

Everything  File Searcher
http://www.voidtools.com/
put CrossCut to bottom tool bar
good SetUp after started:  run Everythiing then  <View><Sort By> click<Date Modified>  usually find new file so...
USE:  click <Search> & click <EveryThing> or <Picture> or Video or Folder or ?

SendTo  [<rite mouse> a file then  <Send To><Folder> (can copy & or move file another folder)
download program from internet:  sendtotoys.exe   mine shows exe property files = 3/15/2018  2.396 kb

now can use Copy / Paste pretty easier   

using Copy / Paste       [rite click mouse to a file, to see a menu  or Keys <Ctrl>down then <V> or <Ctrl>down then <P> or <Ctrl>down then <C>  <Ctrl>down then <X>  
         <Ctrl>down then <A>    Hilites the whole page [and <Copy> / <Paste>on another document

<Find> Word on Page of computer
<Ctrl>down then <F>
works on about any page in  Word, WordPad, etc, including page while in  Internet [in Forum, <Ctrl><F> and the find(s) is  Underlined]

Download [copy Internet Page you are reading into your computer
If you find something on the Internet and want to copy the document to the computer [ like found something  interesting on this Forum ] Either type <Ctrl><p> or  Click <File> at the top of monitor then <Print> and window will list Printer's - select ".PDF"  Writer.  Windows 10 will automatic show "Printer"  for PDF [like a fake printer],    This will copy it to a PDF file and will ask for where and name, etc on your computer (want to change fake printer properties  to LandScape & longest width [my paper = 13"] cause sometimes it truncates some long lines when printered on the computer)

Windows  8  won't have Fake PDF Printer like Win 10 does but look for "CutePDFWriter" on the Internet and download it to use that

Monitor Tool Bar (down on bottom screen)
Mite add "Created CrossCuts"  like  "Everything" "Calculater" "DeskTop" " WordPad" "NotePad" (use my memory notes, LOL)
go to "File Explorer", Hilite "" rite click and "Create CrossCuts" to DeskTop then drag the CrossCut down to Tool Bar - get it...
[use <Everything> to find File Explorer.exe to create crosscut]

toggle to desktop
search Google to find out to to that  [ maybe called "toggledesktop.vbs" ] and add this to lower tool bar