Minelab Gold Mining Training?

See what happens to people when Gerry trains the people who makes the equipment.

They get really upset when they learn something that they made can easily be made into something simple to use by a dealer.

Just kidding, but when will factories learn that the people who use these detectors really do know more about them than they do.

• Like 2

I think training by Chris Ralph about the strategy of gold prospecting and what to look for would be a lot more productive for most

GC

• Like 1

I would love to go on a field trip with Chris around NV!  I have sent messages asking if he ever does anything like that (paid of ourse), but never got any responses.

• Like 1

Chris Ralph’s book Fist Full of Gold is a pretty good training guide. Next DP forum past and current post research is quite comprehensive in learning the in and out of prospecting with a variety of detectors. Once you have read all this information you should be ready to get some detecting time in with very little problems. After a couple hundred hours of detecting you should be quite efficient with your detector. If you’re not finding much, then It’s all about better research on where things you would like to find were found before. 😎

E94006DA-24A7-4E3F-9807-6E40EEA01903.jpeg

• Like 6

Hey Guys/Gals,

I agree, when you're searching for gold nuggets or even pockets of gold, you need to understand the origin of gold, how it's formed and the deposits it makes.  

Many gold districts throughout the US, some of the richest ones never probably produced a piece of gold bigger than a grain of salt.  However, targeting free milling, pocket type lodes is where most electronic prospectors will have the most success.  It's a needle in a haystack either way, but I would rather spend my time researching and looking in places where massive eluvial pockets have been found or historically large gold nuggets.  

See if you can find similar geology of these known gold areas further away and prospect and explore them for potentially over looked lodes, pockets and gold nuggets.  

The only true gold vein that I can say I located, with a friend was in a well known copper and silver area.  There was no mention of any placers or dominate gold mines in the area, but a "foil gold" vein was located.  

If you could introduce some of this basic information in gold training, which myself and other do, it can be very helpful.  

Jim Straight, long time person friend and mentor was noted for his amazing knowledge in this area, especially in the California goldfields.  

Just my thoughts,

Rob

• Like 8

20 hours ago, NV-OR-ID-CAL-AU said:

Chris Ralph’s book Fist Full of Gold is a pretty good training guide. Next DP forum past and current post research is quite comprehensive in learning the in and out of prospecting with a variety of detectors. Once you have read all this information you should be ready to get some detecting time in with very little problems. After a couple hundred hours of detecting you should be quite efficient with your detector. If you’re not finding much, then It’s all about better research on where things you would like to find were found before. 😎

Just watch for that gold fever inside of you. It is not always your friend and can overcome you. From the same book:

insane.JPG.7fca5c74ee13a6cd84c752a1a8e5c384.JPG

• Like 2