Two Unexpected, But Very Welcome Coins!!😁

• The title was changed to Two Unexpected, But Very Welcome Coins!!😁

Great work on the coins and glad that you were able to save them.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Good going Joe! I've dug mercs and Reales but never a stinkin' Roosevelt. 🤬 Great amount of clad too. 👍

• Haha 2

Great job, Joe. Looks like a lot of digging so you deserved the two collectables, I think.😎

Thanks for sharing. And by the way.... a man can't own enough nails.😉 May be you can sell them on a card-board?? (handcrafted nailboardtest $$ 🤑)

• Haha 3

Locator,

Funny you mention the nails!!

When I finally got the Rosie out, and kept looking for more, I couldn't help but think that this was almost a classic Monte's nailboard setup in 3D!!

If it hadn't been for the weed block, and roots, I would think that i was being "Punked" by some joker detectorist!!!🤣👍👍

• Haha 3

Nice work Joe and I'm glad your foot is feeling better..those nails are kinda weird looking with the belly in the middle of them...looking forward to more of your finds!

strick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice looking rosie! I don't think there are more out of range, more likely just snagged up back in the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great finds and with the Vanquish 540 with its supposedly average to below average performance in iron. 

"Very satisfying, as the only silver I've found here before, was a nice money clip, and some cheaper jewelry! The silver coins where "all" vacuumed up years ago, and any left have gotten deeper, or totally out of reach!!"

I know you didn't ask but your hunt results sound very promising to me. Finding a 1920 wheat and a 1951 Rosie in a turf area with a Vanquish would definitely inspire me to keep hunting those deep half and half iffy targets, especially with your Equinox in both Park modes with iron bias on 0 or 1 at the most, recovery speed on 3 to 5 and some or all of the iron target IDs accepted. Crank up the sensitivity until it gets unstable then back off a bit and noise cancel. Ground balance if you need to also. Hunt it multiple times in different modes and directions and keep finding those oldies.

Hope your foot feels better...........wish mine would😪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Joe, good post, I'm glad you've got a Vanquish now, I must be out of the loop as I didn't know that.  If only the Equinox had the Vanquish coils 🙂 I'm sure in some circumstances what makes me do better with the Vanquish than the Nox is the elliptical coils.

I've never even used my V8 coil other than for testing on gold nuggets and some rudimentary depth tests in comparison to other detectors and coils.  I should fire it up some time and see how it really goes.

I'm been so slack on posts lately and you've inspired me to get my act into gear, it's not that I'm not out finding stuff, I just haven't posted about it.

Thanks for your post, and good work on the silver as I know how much harder silver is to find in your neck of the woods and I'm glad your trotter is getting better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1