Minelab Sd2000

Is there much value to Minelab's SD2000  any longer?

You have one of the first Minelab Pulse Induction metal detectors made.  They were not that great on small gold, but worked excellent on high mineralization and depth.  Also, it was the first detector in the PI series, so it was new technology and made many goldfields around the World almost virgin again.  

I still remember using the Minelab SD 2000, good old days.  

I doubt there is much resale value on them, maybe $500 as many of the SD 2100/2200's and GP series sell used for $800-1200.  

P.S.  You can still get all the parts that will keep it running (coils, batteries, shafts and more). 

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Like 1

I saw one local for 400. Looks heavy. Just wondering!

There’s also a GP3000 and A GP Extreme, both for $1100. Can’t really find values on them.

No good on smaller gold (under a pennyweight), but plenty deep on big stuff. In any old SD or GP models just assume you will need to buy a new battery, unless you know for sure that’s not the case.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/magazine/steves-guides/steves-guide-differences-between-minelab-sd-gp-gpx-models/

The best way I know of to determine values for used detectors are to explore the eBay Sold listings, to see what the same or similar stuff has sold for recently.

Hey Steve,

I agree, not great on small gold, but when using the small Minelab Goldsearch 8" Round Mono, my Cousin and I were able to find them between 5-7 grains (smallest) on exposed bedrock.  We found many of them this since in the Bradshaw Mountains, AZ hunting small, exposed bedrock drainages back in the mid-to late 90's.  

I can still remember purchasing my first Minelab SD 2000 from "Frugal Floyd Allen out of New River, long time good friend.  Believe it or not, I still have the receipt in my safe that shows I paid $3850 for this unit back then.  My parents wouldn't loan me the money, so I had to get a loan from a family member to afford this unit back then.  :ph34r:

It was well worth it, being on some of the old VLF patches first paid for the unit quickly, mostly on 1-2 Dwt sized nuggets outside the depth range of a VLF detector. 

Good old days .... 

Rob

• Like 6