Cold Gold - GPX 6000

i was out yesterday morning. its a strange thing here, when the temperature drops and you are used to 105 or hotter
and it was about 68 and i felt cold. i don't think i could do the Alaska cold.
good job, nice nuggets.

• Like 1

Nice solid nuggets and great read.  Need to quit working so hard and start playing hard.  Although with winter there in AK, you might need to head south.

• Like 1

There was a break in the weather and I went back out with a friend this past weekend. He’s a noobie so I pointed out a likely spot to crevice, gave a quick demonstration on how to pan and left him to his work.

I spent the afternoon exploring new spots and checking out some hidden bedrock by rolling some small boulders and got a good signal, after breaking up some bedrock out popped a quartzy nugget that was just under a gram.

I wanted to search more, but we had a cut off to get him back to town so made my way back to him to see how he did. He ended up pulling almost a gram of gold out in pickers and flakes, and had no concept how good that was for a first timer in that spot. This is the same guy who pulled out an almost 30 inch rainbow on one of his first times fishing and didn’t want to take a picture of it because it wasn’t a big deal, while I’m losing my shit for him. Some people!

Matt

616BF874-6FF9-4AE2-96F8-A6E35A1A04AA.jpeg

7E8A4384-BFF6-48C5-8630-4783F647131C.jpeg

• Like 5

Great find. Don't forget that location in 7-8 months! I bet you won't.

• Like 1