Fisher Has A Lot Of Models Marked Discontinued On Their Site And Teknetics Has 3 Models

Curious if they are cleaning house and have something in store behind the scenes?

Well I think the F2 F4 and F5 have been replaced by the F11, F22 and F44 but I could be wrong. I'm surprised the F19 is no longer available, that was one of my favorites. F70 looks like it is going too, as well as the CZ 3D. That doesn't leave much. I hope they plan on releasing some new models soon, otherwise they may be on their way out. They can't live off the F75 models they are too outdated and lack performance compared to a lot of what is out there.

• Like 3

The F-19 was a great machine. I liked the look of the coil and the camo. It's the only one in the line I would consider buying. The price was a bit steep though compared to what's available today.

• Like 1

Abenson. you are right.  The F11, F22 and F44 replaced the F2, F4 and F5.   And the F5 is still being made basically as a private label for MetalDetector.com. 

The F19 LTD camo edition is being discontinued.   Fisher had already stated that once they (camo) were gone they were gone.  It is my understanding the plain rod F19 is still available.

The F70 is the Tek Patriot.  

The CZ-3D ......I suppose that this is most likely the last survivor of the era of the depth demon coin machines and now its gone, too.   Well, we all knew it was going to happen someday. 

HH

Mike

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike_Hillis said:

The F19 LTD camo edition is being discontinued.   Fisher had already stated that once they (camo) were gone they were gone.  It is my understanding the plain rod F19 is still available.

Also, the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro is the same model.  The stock coil choice is the only non-cosmetic difference (5"x10" closed DD is stock on the F19, 7"x11" open DD is stock on the TRP).

I recall when General Motors had same models with different branding.  Except for the Chevy and GMC trucks, I don't think they do that anymore.  (Could be wrong, though.)  Ford did similarly back when Mercury was still in existence.

Fisher's popular CZ line, first released in early 1990's, had a great run but its weight and non-digital operation left it behind many 21st Century detectors.  Presumably as long as they either had components on the shelf or could easily get them it wasn't any trouble to keep the CZ-3D on the market.

First Texas gets lambasted for just about any action they take.  Well, maybe that's true of every detector manufacturer.  We're a hard group to please....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mike_Hillis said:

The CZ-3D ......I suppose that this is most likely the last survivor of the era of the depth demon coin machines and now its gone, too.   Well, we all knew it was going to happen someday. 

It appears the coils are still available; at least for now.

• Like 1

You have to admit in the last 4/5 years we have spoiled for choice,Nox,tarsacci plus all the Nokta/makro.More Versatability or Cheaper

Just my 2 cents i think Fisher should take a different approach than the guerilla one they did with the Impulse .

I m not pro Minelab but they did an smashing job with their Nox marketing and Vanquish,and so is Makro/nokta.

The futur i think will be more Gold models,and beach machines,inland for relics we may have reached the limits...

RR

• Like 2

At the time I purchased my AT Pro I had looked at the Fisher and Technetic machines and they were confusing which would serve my purpose. There were too many similar machines sold in similar price range. They also didn't have a waterproof machine that had a VDI. I think back and wonder how hard would it had been to make a waterproof version of one of their units? Hopefully they are working on something that can compete.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kac said:

Curious if they are cleaning house and have something in store behind the scenes?

Hopefully making room for new stuff. About time they marked discontinued stuff as discontinued, as the site was getting pretty bad before due to lack of attention to things like that.

I had a soft spot for the CZ and it’s unique target id system and distinct sounds. We’ve been begging for a smaller digital version for over a decade. Maybe miracles do happen? :smile:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Fisher Has A Lot Of Models Marked Discontinued On Their Site And Teknetics Has 3 Models

Closing down sale. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2