Fisher Has A Lot Of Models Marked Discontinued On Their Site And Teknetics Has 3 Models

1 hour ago, DOOGY-MD said:

I love my F19, but it's not waterproof....wish it was....maybe they will make the new Time Ranger Pro waterproof?

Are you referring to this Bounty Hunter detector that was released two years ago?  That's an F19 with a change of color, stock coil, and brand -- nothing more.  Coils are waterproof (as are all First Texas coils that fit the Gold Bug family) but not the control unit.

A good detector, yes, IMO.  But still a 'seasoned' 10 year old model inside.

I truly hope they will match the AT pro, Simplex+ and the Nox type of detectors soon!

I love my F19, but it's not waterproof....wish it was....maybe they will make the new Time Ranger Pro waterproof?

If you read through this thread you should realize that you may be waiting for a long time.  FT is really not showing any signs of life as far as product innovation is concerned.  They have released only a new redesigned coil, everything else has  been just re-releases of existing products with new names and paint jobs.  The only other thing in development is a beach pulse induction detector that requires some additional design improvements and an uncertain future.  If you want the superior salt handling Garrett (though Apex not AT Pro), Nokta (though Legend not Simplex), and Minelab (Vanquish and Equinox), then get those now rather than waiting for FT to wake up and smell the coffee.

Wishful thinking I guess!

If you are right, then my next detector will probably be a Nokta. The team at Nokta seems to listen to consumers!

But being poor, I will probably go with the Simplex for now! Too bad the Vanquish isn't waterproof....

• Like 2

Doogy - if you are not regularly submerging your entire detector, the Vanquish should do OK.  Might even survive a dunking if retrieved quickly.  Phrunt may chime in here.  He has a Vanquish and finds it holds up to some regular abuse in bad weather.  But Simplex should do the trick, albeit with some performance hits due to having to lower sensitivity to keep it stable in the salt. Whichever way you go, happy hunting!

• Thanks 1

Yup, my Vanquish has survived many a rain storm without it's rain cover on, I just keep wiping off the screen so I can see it 🙂

They're certainly not waterproof, but they will stand up to rain OK from what I've seen, in saying that the Vanquish 540 I purchase came with a rain cover for the control box if one feels the need to use it.   If I was wading in the ocean with the Vanquish I'd be using the rain cover.

• Like 1

If you are hunting ocean beaches, you will definitely want the Vanquish over the Simplex because the Vanquish is multi-frequency.

The single frequency Simplex will have limited performance at the beach because it won't be able to deal with the salt as well. It will work. It just won't get much depth compared to multi-frequency detectors.

• Like 3

Great info guys! 

Much appreciated!

Maybe I can sell or trade myTiger Shark for the new Vanquish 540!

• Like 1

Has anyone heard if Fisher is coming out with any new detectors this year (2022)?

If you're wanting a reliable 'yes' answer, at least in the IB/VLF arena, I predict you'll be hearing crickets.  I hope they surprise us, but I hope a lot (regarding all MD manufacturers).  Two brand new multifrequency detectors (from XP and Nokta Makro) are being released early in 2022.  And there are many high quality detectors already on the market.  Usually the waiting game only results in just that -- waiting.

• Like 2

Of course they are, after much demand from fans Fisher has decided to upgrade and re-release the F75, the new F75 SE-2 V1.2022 Ultra Super Multi Frequency 81st Anniversary edition available in Fluro pink and Electric blue so you can't lose it in the rough wilderness it was designed for is meant to be coming out in 2022 some time.  It features an array of improvements over the old version by way of fancy new decals of it's name, along with an enhanced grip handle modeled off those on bicycles for trouble free grip.  They've also added another two offset frequencies for EMI mitigation and enhanced performance in the field, named FMF. Now with 6 frequencies  available to avoid EMI, making it a true multi frequency detector.  You will now be able to run on 13.1, 13.2, 13.3, 13.4, 13.5 and 13.6 kHz to enhance your detecting experience.  They even took the liberty of changing the back light from a 60 watt incandescent light bulb into a multi colour LED that cycles through an array of colours to really make your night detecting experience enjoyable, this will also greatly improve battery performance.   They've added new Vinyl decals instead of USB updating, now to get the new model all you need to do is remove the Decal and gently apply the new Decal, new decals will be sold approximately every year to provide you with a new F75 for a small fee for the upgrade *

It will be accompanied by a new 12" coil that may or may not be ready for production by it's time of release so they'll give you an IOU coupon for when it does come to market to collect your coil from your nearest friendly Fisher Dealer.

F75 SE-2 V1.2022 Ultra Super Multi Frequency 81st Anniversary edition

New Features

Available in Fluro Pink or Electric blue
New Vinyl adhesive Decals makes changing model detector easier.
New Handle Grip - Enhanced swing performance
New FMF (Fisher Multi Frequency) for ultimate target performance
New multi color LED Back light system, an industry first
New 12" Coil - Maybe

* Fisher will release new model Decals approximately every 12 months, these new Decals upgrade your First Texas detectors to the latest version available for the low cost of $99.99.  You can upgrade to the latest version of any model from any pre-existing version, please contact your First Texas dealer for more information.

• Haha 5