Fisher Has A Lot Of Models Marked Discontinued On Their Site And Teknetics Has 3 Models

I do enjoy sarcasm. :smile:

I heard a rumor a year ago that 2022 was more likely to be "the year" than 2021. And they did kind of clean out the sites to make room, so it seems an ok bet something will come along in 2022. But it can't be close at all, or they would try and head off all the sales they are losing right now to NM and XP by at least dropping a hint, and it is pure radio silence. Could very will be an end of year thing.... and that could turn into next year. I mean, right now, just getting the Impulse AQ out the door would seem to be a miracle, let alone anything else. And like Simon (phrunt) notes, it could just be yet another old box with a new label.

• Like 2

Phrunt, that post is probably less sarcastic than you think. For 2022, if I'm lucky then my walk-thru detector will get released. I don't know of anything else even close, and I can easily see the walk-thru getting pushed to 2023. On a good note, I'm told the 12" coil will be hitting Amazon soon. "Soon" is a broadly relative term here, but I think it meant this year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 3

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Of course they are, after much demand from fans Fisher has decided to upgrade and re-release the F75, the new F75 SE-2 V1.2022 Ultra Super Multi Frequency 81st Anniversary edition available in Fluro pink and Electric blue so you can't lose it in the rough wilderness it was designed for is meant to be coming out in 2022 some time.  It features an array of improvements over the old version by way of fancy new decals of it's name, along with an enhanced grip handle modeled off those on bicycles for trouble free grip.  They've also added another two offset frequencies for EMI mitigation and enhanced performance in the field, named FMF. Now with 6 frequencies  available to avoid EMI, making it a true multi frequency detector.  You will now be able to run on 13.1, 13.2, 13.3, 13.4, 13.5 and 13.6 kHz to enhance your detecting experience.  They even took the liberty of changing the back light from a 60 watt incandescent light bulb into a multi colour LED that cycles through an array of colours to really make your night detecting experience enjoyable, this will also greatly improve battery performance.   They've added new Vinyl decals instead of USB updating, now to get the new model all you need to do is remove the Decal and gently apply the new Decal, new decals will be sold approximately every year to provide you with a new F75 for a small fee for the upgrade *

It will be accompanied by a new 12" coil that may or may not be ready for production by it's time of release so they'll give you an IOU coupon for when it does come to market to collect your coil from your nearest friendly Fisher Dealer.

F75 SE-2 V1.2022 Ultra Super Multi Frequency 81st Anniversary edition

New Features

Available in Fluro Pink or Electric blue
New Vinyl adhesive Decals makes changing model detector easier.
New Handle Grip - Enhanced swing performance
New FMF (Fisher Multi Frequency) for ultimate target performance
New multi color LED Back light system, an industry first
New 12" Coil - Maybe

* Fisher will release new model Decals approximately every 12 months, these new Decals upgrade your First Texas detectors to the latest version available for the low cost of $99.99.  You can upgrade to the latest version of any model from any pre-existing version, please contact your First Texas dealer for more information.

Da Bomb Beyond Insanity Hot Sauce, Bottle, 113g- Buy Online in Sri Lanka at  Desertcart - 47952517.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I do enjoy sarcasm. :smile:

I heard a rumor a year ago that 2022 was more likely to be "the year" than 2021. And they did kind of clean out the sites to make room, so it seems an ok bet something will come along in 2022. But it can't be close at all, or they would try and head off all the sales they are losing right now to NM and XP by at least dropping a hint, and it is pure radio silence. Could very will be an end of year thing.... and that could turn into next year. I mean, right now, just getting the Impulse AQ out the door would seem to be a miracle, let alone anything else. And like Simon (phrunt) notes, it could just be yet another old box with a new label.

Perhaps they're fueling up their plane for their big splash at Detectival 🤔

18 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Perhaps they're fueling up their plane for their big splash at Detectival 🤔

Unfortunately, I think they're just the stewardesses.....

If they are around after this year at all it will be a surprise. Nobody even knows who they are as a company anymore when it comes to metal detectors. Maybe all those other ventures they've been doing while neglecting metal detectors has dried up too.

Yep, they are not going to be around much longer. On borrowed time due to their own arrogance.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 1:49 PM, RobNC said:

If they are around after this year at all it will be a surprise. Nobody even knows who they are as a company anymore when it comes to metal detectors. Maybe all those other ventures they've been doing while neglecting metal detectors has dried up too.

Yep, they are not going to be around much longer. On borrowed time due to their own arrogance.

They sell huge numbers of detectors, just not the ones you are interested in. They are also doing a lot more than just metal detectors, as First Texas is a diversified holding company. In fact that may be the problem - the real corporate interest may be focused elsewhere. The company is not close to going broke, far from it. Even if detectors go away, First Texas will go on.

I took my T2 out for a spin this afternoon as I just felt like using it, and I enjoyed using it and almost forgot how nice it felt on my arm.  That's what it's all about isn't it?  More people would get to experience a T2/F75 if the price was reasonable for the detector it is in today's market.   I hope they release their high end detectors as low end detectors at some point like they did with the F19, the T2 and F75 would make good entry level machines, they'd be better off getting rid of a lot of the toys they sell and stick with selling these better detectors as competitive entry level machines.  A T2, F75 and the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro (F19) sit along side the competitors entry level machines nicely as decent entry level detectors, what puzzles me is why detecting companies haven't realized that if they make beginners detectors as enjoyable and easy as possible to use with good Target ID's and not segments they'll end up with more users and happier ones too. 

These detectors with a few discrimination segments and no Target ID's should all be discontinued.  The last thing we want is a bunch of beginners using what are essentially dig all non-ferrous detectors digging holes all over the place to dig up a ton of junk, if they have good cherry picking Target ID detectors the parks and areas we detect won't be so badly dug up by people who know no better using their detector.  Here where we have $1 and $2 coins people are quite content just digging their ID numbers, you can go home with a significant amount of money in coins from a quick hunt in a good spot.   I rarely don't find enough on a days hunt to at least pay for a decent lunch, often enough to pay for lunch and dinner 🙂  The more ID information they get the less likely they'll dig so many holes.

My usual field detecting spot this afternoon had messy holes dug on it and not even refilled so I spent my time fixing someone else's mess, they left some of their finds sitting in the holes and they were just a bunch of junk including some nails and rusty bottle tops, so they were digging it all.   I've never stumbled across another detector user in my area so I assume someone got one for Christmas or it's someone from out of town.  Either way, had they had a better detector and some education they'd likely not have dug holes all over the place for no reason.

It really annoys me when companies make and sell detectors with no Target ID's targeting beginners, the people most likely to do the wrong thing digging holes.  Releasing kids detectors with a happy face for non-ferrous and a sad one for ferrous is criminal!   This is Bounty Hunters kids detector.

298560944_BountyHunter1.jpg.975f55c534bc32d344f621a7a70d98f8.jpg

It really pains me to see detectors like this being sold, imagine the holes a kid will be digging and you can bet the parents won't be letting them dig them in their own back yard.

Why in this day and age do they need to sell something like this?

BHJSfullunit-450.jpg.89194d0e17a5ebef0b9846325a6beaef.jpg

Then if you go into their $200 USD and over models, it looks terrible for the price.

https://www.detecting.com/bounty-hunter-serious-metal-detectors.htm#sharp

I know absolutely nothing about Bounty hunter as they're not sold here and not generally a brand I'd be looking to buy a detector from but this is just incredible.  The manufacturing cost of something like this Camo-LS detector would hardly be any different to a F75.

942460757_Bountyhunter3.thumb.png.5c812ab18b31ee11439eaad493dd0e08.png

Paying that price for something with 9 segments of ID.   Surely they don't really sell them for these prices and the website must be so out of date with its pricing, well I certainly hope so.

Anyway that's my rant over, I just don't think they should be selling detectors like this at all, their high end sales must be low enough now they can justify killing off all these low end toys and replace them with their better detectors and actually truly become competitive in the low end market with other manufacturers.  Maybe I'm just grumpy as I spent so many hours cleaning up someone else's mess but the less target information a detector gives the more holes they will dig. 

• Like 2