Fisher Has A Lot Of Models Marked Discontinued On Their Site And Teknetics Has 3 Models

Simon,

ย  ย Sorry to hear that you have a hole and trash leaver; damn Yanks!๐Ÿคฃ

ย  ย  Seriously though, the "treasure" shows are probably partly to blame for them, and others taking advantage in the low end market! I figure this will work itself out in the long run! but in the meantime, it's making them money! At least your ground assassin's are few and far between!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

Yea, I was grumpy and took it out on Bounty Hunter ๐Ÿ™‚ The problem is everyone around this area knows me, and knows I'm the guy with the detectors in the area and know I use them in that field, I'd be the one to get the blame.ย  I had no choice but to try fix it up.

It's very easy for people to ruin it for everyone and the dig it all no Target ID detectors are partly to blame.ย  I always recommend very easy to use stable Target ID detectors to people wanting to take up detecting, and give them a Target ID list to make their cherry picking a breeze and I've had some very happy feedback from people about their choice of detector after following that advice, some pay off their detector in "spendies" which are NZ $1 and $2 coins in no time.ย  They cut their teeth digging easy coin targets with the Target ID list and by the time they're ready to branch out and find other targets they have a better understanding of what to do.

Paying a bit extra for a digital target ID readout detector makes sense for someone who has a chance of staying with the hobby.ย  Many people who buy Christmas and birthday gifts are very much into cost, not value.ย  They might even think "so-and-so isn't going to stay with this anyway so why should I spend one extra dollar..."

As far as a better featured detector leading beginning detectorists respect the land, though....ย  We park, school, beach detectorists have a more/less similar historical experience to compare to -- the aluminum can pulltab.ย  Early on (1965-75) those weren't attached to the can so it was easy to toss them aside.ย  There was already an advertising campaign here in the USA regarding littering.ย  That didn't work (or at least not well enough).ย  So the can industry was forced to try something different -- the 'square tab' (and eventually 'racetrack tab', 'modern tab') still in use today.ย  The other component of that design was a (small) coin-sized flap that was pushed into the can.ย  Surely these changes would solve the problem.ย  And the cans themselves?ย  At least the people who cut the grass will pick them up before mowing.

What you propose makes sense, but only for people who have sense -- a sense of responsibility.

• Like 2