Fisher Has A Lot Of Models Marked Discontinued On Their Site And Teknetics Has 3 Models

Hopefully not out of business. I like my F Pulse under warranty and still have my F22 which is not a bad little detector and weatherproof unlike the Aces or Vanquish. 

Just blows my mind the site is so archaic and they still have some of the still available detectors marked as new when they have been around for a few years now. And then their updated GB2 with the screen was just announced and it is not marked as new? How is their web presence not a priority?  I think old dudes even know how to use mobile phones and computers to web search no?  Garretts site is actually not half bad as an example. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mike_Hillis said:

the F5 is still being made basically as a private label for MetalDetector.com. 

Do you know that for a fact? I heard (rumor) that metaldetector.com simply bought out Fisher's last remaining stock of the F5, and that's what they're currently selling. However, the F5 isn't being made anymore.

I could be wrong and you could be right. Just curious as to the basis for your statement.

38 minutes ago, nickeldNdimed said:

Hopefully not out of business. I like my F Pulse under warranty

Me too!

If they're going out of business, I need to stock up on Tek Points or F-Pulses...

• Like 1

I think ditching a large number of their models was well overdue, even retiring brands wouldn't hurt.  Teknetics isn't really necessary.  Bounty hunter is their entry level brand which is 90 percent of the models they make anyway as evident by the Gold Bug Pro and F19 ending up as a Bounty Hunter.  The T2 is really just an old model basic  version of the Simplex without the fancy features and waterproofing. 

I think having less models may improve sales in the entry market as its less confusing and they just need to keep the better ones to remain close to competitive.   The Apex must be hurting. 

As for the 24k at the beach, it would be a killer jewellery detector, especially at an inland lake beach. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

I think ditching a large number of their models was well overdue, even retiring brands wouldn't hurt.  Teknetics isn't really necessary.  Bounty hunter is their entry level brand which is 90 percent of the models they make anyway as evident by the Gold Bug Pro and F19 ending up as a Bounty Hunter.  The T2 is really just an old model basic  version of the Simplex without the fancy features and waterproofing. 

I think having less models may improve sales in the entry market as its less confusing and they just need to keep the better ones to remain close to competitive.   The Apex must be hurting. 

As for the 24k at the beach, it would be a killer jewellery detector, especially at an inland lake beach. 

I think if the engineers from all 3 companies worked together they would serve themselves better and be able to come out with much more refined and newer products. The way it stands now it reminds me of GM Chevy and Buick.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, nickeldNdimed said:

Just not sure why this guy is using this gear at the beach?  Looking for gold jewelry in frozen sand?

772C75C5-39FA-4C2B-86DE-D213AC52DBCF.jpeg

You know who that guy is right? 🙂

I've used a gold machine on the beach and for combing towel lines, cuts and damp sand you can do really well with small jewelry. You won't get a lot of depth in the wet and may false some but running gb close to 0 on most machines and dropping the gain as needed can reduce falsing.

Small jewelry and chains don't sink fast like rings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, kac said:

You know who that guy is right? 🙂

I've used a gold machine on the beach and for combing towel lines, cuts and damp sand you can do really well with small jewelry. You won't get a lot of depth in the wet and may false some but running gb close to 0 on most machines and dropping the gain as needed can reduce falsing.

Small jewelry and chains don't sink fast like rings.

Is it Steve?  It’s hard to tell, I don’t follow detecting world fame and royalty much.

Gold is gold and I suspect it would make a decent jewelry and aluminum bits machine.  No argument there if they are also trying to market it as such.

Hopefully it was obvious that my comment was meant in jest and I believe the picture is photoshopped from a different background if you look at others on their site. I’m just guessing whomever is doing their marketing or website editing is not paying attention to details or clueless. Not sure I would expect someone at the beach with a rock pick? How about a sand scoop or even a shovel?  Maybe those clothes in colder weather?  I don’t know, it stood out to me.  Bringing it back to the original post somewhat, Garrett is at least putting more effort into their web presence which Fisher is clearly lacking. 

• Like 2

I think it is Steve!! What, no name credit??🥸

He must have "forgot" the sand scoop, and swim trunks in Nevada; Reno specifically!!🤣👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Joe D. said:

He "forgot" the sand scoop, and swim trunks in Nevada!!🤣👍👍

Well, if California-Nevada border counts, I don't think he even had to leave home.  And if you've never experienced Lake Tahoe, you may want to keep some warm clothes in the vehicle, just in case.

• Like 2