Fisher Has A Lot Of Models Marked Discontinued On Their Site And Teknetics Has 3 Models

On 10/6/2021 at 5:17 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

We’ve been begging for a smaller digital version for over a decade. Maybe miracles do happen? :smile:

if I had to read between the lines, it sounds like Steve knows something's coming 🤔

• Like 2

If that did happen would you buy one? Is it a detector that I'd want? Would it be a good seller?  Just trying to work out if they would be wasting their time. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, nickeldNdimed said:

Is it Steve?  It’s hard to tell, I don’t follow detecting world fame and royalty much.

Gold is gold and I suspect it would make a decent jewelry and aluminum bits machine.  No argument there if they are also trying to market it as such.

Hopefully it was obvious that my comment was meant in jest and I believe the picture is photoshopped from a different background if you look at others on their site. I’m just guessing whomever is doing their marketing or website editing is not paying attention to details or clueless. Not sure I would expect someone at the beach with a rock pick? How about a sand scoop or even a shovel?  Maybe those clothes in colder weather?  I don’t know, it stood out to me.  Bringing it back to the original post somewhat, Garrett is at least putting more effort into their web presence which Fisher is clearly lacking. 

Yeah, it’s me, and the picture is real. It was cold (was snowing earlier in the day)…. I was wearing a coat for that. Try doing Tahoe at 40 degrees with a stiff wind, and I suspect you’ll wear a coat also. There was a group, and we had diverted from a planned nugget hunt due to snow. I used what I had in the rig, my pick magnet to recover the small ferrous trash, and dig / recover targets. Not my preference, but it worked for me under the circumstances. In fact, nugget hunting techniques work rather well for hunting micro jewelry, the type that drops through most scoops.

It was not a posed photo shoot, though I did shoot some video tips on the 24K at beach because, yes, it’s a great small jewelry machine. This photo was shot by somebody when I was not even aware of it, and they decided they liked it well enough to use it anyway. Sorry I’m not the typical faked gal in bikini photo. :smile: Not royalty for sure, just an old guy in a coat with a pick.

Regardless, let me remind everyone this is the First Texas Forum, and bringing up other brands is as welcome here as bringing up Chevy on the Ford Forum. If you want to get into brand versus brand stuff, we have a forum just for that.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

If that did happen would you buy one? Is it a detector that I'd want? Would it be a good seller?  Just trying to work out if they would be wasting their time. 

They can waste their time all they want, just don't waste mine! :biggrin:

I think an updated, digital, Multi f and waterproof CZ variant with simple brass tacks operating might be compelling with the potentially reduced weight and cost that comes with updating the controls and electronics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I know nothing about it so I was wondering how it would stack up with other offerings on the market if they rebooted it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

Thanks, I know nothing about it so I was wondering how it would stack up with other offerings on the market if they rebooted it. 

Might not be a big seller in the end as FT struggles for relevance of late, but if they can improve the ergonomics (weight and balance) and bring the cost down, who knows.  Just adding another MF to the mix might help stimulate competition.  It does some specific things really well (like dealing with black sand in a salt environment and does a good job discing out small non-ferrous trash without sacrificing larger gold jewelry- yeah, you would probably lose earring backs and other precious metal micro jewelry but spend a lot less time chasing micro slaw).  So it could displace other competitors.  It's would be a risky business proposition with no guarantee FT would recoup its development cost investment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I think an updated, digital, Multi f and waterproof CZ variant with simple brass tacks operating might be compelling with the potentially reduced weight and cost that comes with updating the controls and electronics.

48 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Might not be a big seller in the end as FT struggles for relevance of late, but if they can improve the ergonomics (weight and balance) and bring the cost down, who knows.

If it comes with concentric coil stock or even optional, might that fill a currently missing niche in the SiMF market right now?

I know the CZ family was highly regarded as a coin hunter.  But if I recall, target separation wasn't its strength.  (Warning:  take that recollection with multiple grains of salt.)

• Like 1

I would think that Fisher, like everyone else is reassessing itself. Going forward companies have to be relevant and streamlined. Any company having old outdated and under performing models will eventually fade, no matter how big they are. I think Fishers best bet it to release the new, solid AQ and revamp their whole line up and find that niche that would make you want one of their machines. Business as usual won't cut it anymore, no matter what industry you are in. Just my thoughts on it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah, it’s me, and the picture is real. It was cold (was snowing earlier in the day)…. I was wearing a coat for that. Try doing Tahoe at 40 degrees with a stiff wind, and I suspect you’ll wear a coat also. There was a group, and we had diverted from a planned nugget hunt due to snow. I used what I had in the rig, my pick magnet to recover the small ferrous trash, and dig / recover targets. Not my preference, but it worked for me under the circumstances. In fact, nugget hunting techniques work rather well for hunting micro jewelry, the type that drops through most scoops.

It was not a posed photo shoot, though I did shoot some video tips on the 24K at beach because, yes, it’s a great small jewelry machine. This photo was shot by somebody when I was not even aware of it, and they decided they liked it well enough to use it anyway. Sorry I’m not the typical faked gal in bikini photo. :smile: Not royalty for sure, just an old guy in a coat with a pick.

Regardless, let me remind everyone this is the First Texas Forum, and bringing up other brands is as welcome here as bringing up Chevy on the Ford Forum. If you want to get into brand versus brand stuff, we have a forum just for that.

Hi Steve. I stand corrected and surprised it was a real photo.  Most of it was meant in humor and hope no offense was taken by anyone. The reason that came up was just as an example of what Fisher may need to do with their site to stay relevant.   That I do hope they take seriously. Just sort of got off on a tangent on the 24k, which I’m not a gold prospector due to geographic location but Fisher could probably update a Gold Bug model to be competitive I imagine and should also take note. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, phrunt said:

It will be the deepest, biggest, lightest, even if it isn’t......  I’m pretty sure that is their marketing strategy from what I have observed.   At least for outdated stuff. Shame because I do think the F Puse and F22 products are decent products.  I think an updated CZ would at least be worth shopping against the competition if the price was right. 

• Like 2