Small Field Short Hunt One Ring

That looks like a terrible place to swing a coil.   I can imagine falling and getting impaled by a cut stalk.  Cool ring find!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

Not bad at all, personally I hate hunting around corn stocks LOL. I found a few brass and copper rings in areas that were busy in the 20's-30's. May have been plated at one time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just had to read up on "no-till" as I really had no clue! Where I go in Georgia, everything is still tilled! That's how we find arrowheads and pieces, usually every year! "Maybe" environmental sound, but sucks for detecting and sight hunting!!👍👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ROCKINGCM said:

That looks like a terrible place to swing a coil.   I can imagine falling and getting impaled by a cut stalk.  Cool ring find!  

It's not too bad, got my balance down hunting over soybeans last year. Just can't swing much unless you're on a wheel track.

Just giving y'all something to read while working! 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Junk

Went out there this morning and found a 1916 D penny, it was on top of the ground.20211006_125116.thumb.jpg.ed75a3197f170c6e283d38cca0768543.jpg

Really wish these people had lost more silver🤬

• Like 6

They didn't "lose" it! It's all buried in Mason jars, too deep for your detector! And not being hit by plowing!!🤣👍👍

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Sad there was no makers' mark or inscription, but I don't want to scrape all the crud off. As it is something put a nick in it

Do you have an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner?

I bought a $35 home model. I’ve had mixed results. I tested some worthless items first, and found if you zap them too long you can mar the finish of some coins and knock loose paint/plate finishes. I’d be afraid to use it on something truly valuable. And you definitely need warm water and some cleaning solution to get the best results.

But if you zap things in short bursts and use a soft toothbrush between zaps, it can remove caked on grime in tight places.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Paul,

I just bought one recently too, and tried it on some coins this week! Same thing, mixed results! I cleaned my "good" coins first, separating the types, with a mix of distilled water, a few drops of liquid detergent, and some peroxide, for about ten minutes! Those were a "little" better! Then did clad, then pennies! Did not really do much for those! I think I will just use it on jewelry from now on! I've had better luck with other methods, just soaking!👍👍

• Like 2