Recent All Nighter Delivers The Goods

Mixing Ibuprofen and asperin might not be good, I believe both are blood thinners. Those shouldn't be mixed with some the pain relieving arthitis creams too from what I was told. Getting old sucks...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, strick said:

Great story thanks for taking us along..perseverance put you in those "right spots at the right time"

Β 

strickΒ 

Thanks Strick, Perseverance, word of mouth, tide tables, surf reports and beach cams.

• Like 3

Β  Β Great job Compass!!

Β  Β  Love those rare combination of conditions! Especially when you don't live close to the beaches to catch them!! Glad you spent the hours to take full advantage! Great Run, and hope it happens for you again!!

Β  Β I am very familiar with the ibuprofen routine, unfortunately! Especially now, as it's getting a "little" cooler, and i started hunting again! The damn "detector legs" got me last week!! But at least, I made some good finds!!πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Β  Β Great job Compass!!

Β  Β  Love those rare combination of conditions! Especially when you don't live close to the beaches to catch them!! Glad you spent the hours to take full advantage! Great Run, and hope it happens for you again!! I am very familiar with the ibuprofen routine, unfortunately! Especially now, as it getting a little cooler to be able to start hunting again! Damn "detector legs" got me last week!! But at least I made some good finds!!πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘

Appreciate the kind words Joe D! Now on top of everything else I guess I'll need to start checking the oil level of my beaches. 😞

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

19 hours ago, Compass said:

Thanks kac, That seems to be the case for me. I don't live so close to the beach so I usually try to stay as long as possible when conditions are decent.

That's a Great run on targets and Gold! love that cross too!

That is part of the secret here, being close to the beach so you can decide that morning if to go or not, based on the conditions. Which are easy to access with all of the internet tools now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great hunt!! It's hard to quit when you are finding gold like that. But digging hundreds of coins as well as junk, really takes a toll on you for the next couple of days. But you have to do it or miss a great opportunity that doesn't come around very often. Worth every cramp πŸ˜„

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a Great run on targets and Gold! love that cross too!

That is part of the secret here, being close to the beach so you can decide that morning if to go or not, based on the conditions. Which are easy to access with all of the internet tools now.

Thanks OBN, Yes, it would be great to be closer to the beach but at least I'm not farther!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Great hunt!! It's hard to quit when you are finding gold like that. But digging hundreds of coins as well as junk, really takes a toll on you for the next couple of days. But you have to do it or miss a great opportunity that doesn't come around very often. Worth every cramp πŸ˜„

Thanks school, Now that I am retired it's nice to have the option of staying on the hunt as long as I need to. Sure beats hunting all night and going straight to work from the beach.

• Like 2