Miracles Do Happen - Arrow 4" X 18" DD Coil From Detech

2 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

I am glad they took Steve's  advice.Also  that  is one cool looking coil.If they make one for the Nox that would be big  hit  for many.I will get one for my AT gold.

Unfortunately, with Minelab controlling coil sales via embedded chips, this is unlikely, a loss for both Minelab and their customers, in my opinion. I’d buy one for my Equinox in a heartbeat. Oh well, can’t have everything, but at least lots of other detector owners will have the option, including the older BBS and FBS owners.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Unfortunately, with Minelab controlling coil sales via embedded chips, this is unlikely, a loss for both Minelab and their customers, in my opinion. I’d buy one for my Equinox in a heartbeat. Oh well, can’t have everything, but at least lots of other detector owners will have the option, including the older BBS and FBS owners.

Too bad Coiltek didn't make this 18x4 for the Equinox instead of the 15" round. It would have been another home run like their 10x5".

Hey Coiltek, how 'bout a 15x5" for the Equinox? Could be another superstar for ya.

• Like 7

That’s wonderful news!  I had the Bigfoot coil for a while and used it on Whites MXT and MX5. Fun to use for parks and recent drops. X marked the target, no need for a pin pointer. The SEF WSS 5x10 coil works similar on the Whites just not as long a pattern. Hope they or Minelab can come up with one for the Nox!   

• Like 2

Like Prunt I may have to buy a detector to fit the coil...I'm taking it that it will not work on a CTX...I recently bought a big foot for my TDI pro...it's almost un fair to hunt with it...laser pin pointing with the tip of the coil. 

strick

• Like 4

Steve,

We have an Explorer SE Pro that we bought used last year that is almost 'new.'  Will this coil work on that?

Mitchel

31 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Steve,

We have an Explorer SE Pro that we bought used last year that is almost 'new.'  Will this coil work on that?

Mitchel

The Minelab E-TRAC, Safari, Explorer SE Pro, Explorer SE, Explorer II, Quattro MP, Explorer XS, and Explorer S can all employ the same coils.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ctx seems to be another chipped detector, I can see it in the coil cable which explains it being ignored. I've never seen a company before that people love their product yet are so discontent with it at the same time.

Would it really kill them to let us have access to coils? Just release a firmware for all the detectors disabling the security checks and make your customers happy. 

It's got to the point we are either buying other brand detectors or older models with no chips to get around the problem to use coils like this Detech that supporters of other brands can just use. Even entry level Ace detectors can just throw one on.  It's just crazy. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1