Miracles Do Happen - Arrow 4" X 18" DD Coil From Detech

I’m really surprised the Simplex didn’t make the cut as popular and recent a detector that is....

So with the 4” width, the assumption would be 4ish inches max depth.

Should one expect depth meters to be at all accurate on coin sized targets?

Is 4” maxed out on sensitivity? Less if sensitivity dialed down?

With the depth being relatively shallow, are VDIs relatively close to air test values for a detector?

Anyone have experience with this on the Bigfoot or Cleansweep?

Something funny going on with the Simplex and aftermarket coils, rumour has it Nokta are limiting their ability to make them.  Nel announced Simplex coils some time ago saying they were coming out December 2020, it never happened.  I bought a Simplex for this very reason.

....So far, I can see the 4X18" Detech Arow coil at one ... dealer in Europe ... and it is intended for Garrett ACE detectors...whit the price 120 euro..

... I'll wait until the Detech ..come out with a Arrow coil ..for the SpectraV3 / MXT .., G2, or ETRAC  ..

• Like 3

I have an Ace 300 but don’t like the scale and sounds of it compared to other detectors I have.  I plan to sell it eventually but it is the only one I have on this list.

I’d pick up an F75 or F70 just for this but only if it was a killer price.

I haven’t messed much with the Simplex I picked up last year and was thinking about selling it after trying it a little but this coil might give me a reason to keep it...

And only reason I consider that is that I can’t get one for my 600 or Vanquish.

• Like 1

Out of my detectors it runs on it's out of the T2, Gold Bug Pro, AT Gold, Ace 350 and Ace 300.  I'm going to get it for the GBP but I've got my eyes out for a second hand E-trac as I'd prefer to get one for that.  I don't want to buy a new E-Trac as I've already got a 3030 and the only time I'd want to use the E-trac is just for this coil.  It doesn't look like it'll be coming for the Simplex but I'd rather it for the GBP than Simplex anyway as I prefer it's more stable Target ID's and depth over the Simplex.  The Ace 300 is a viable contender for in my soil but I'd rather a higher end detector for the spend, the AT Gold just doesn't seem near as accurate on Target ID as the GBP and I love stable Target ID's.

I'd rather just get one for my Equinox and not need any other detectors,  but we all know that's never going to happen.

• Like 3

Something funny going on with the Simplex and aftermarket coils, rumour has it Nokta are limiting their ability to make them.  Nel announced Simplex coils some time ago saying they were coming out December 2020, it never happened.  I bought a Simplex for this very reason.

Seems like there are other possible explanations besides N/M interfering.  Not all detector manufacturers treat aftermarket coil makers as adversaries.

• Like 1

Seems like there are other possible explanations besides N/M interfering.  Not all detector manufacturers treat aftermarket coil makers as adversaries.

Rumour was it is Nokta preventing it.  I can't find the post where I read it, Monty I believe did the post?

• Like 2

So with the 4” width, the assumption would be 4ish” max depth.

Should one expect depth meters to be at all accurate on coin sized targets?

Is 4” maxed out on sensitivity? Less if sensitivity dialed down?

With the depth being relatively shallow, are VDIs relatively close to air test values for a detector?

Anyone have experience with this on the Bigfoot or Cleansweep?

Can anyone comment on this? 

I don’t have too much experience with alternate coils other than the 6” for my Equinox and it IDs VDI and depth just the same as 11” in my experience with it, with coin size targets of course. Oh, and it seems to find stuff deeper than 6” although most of my significant finds are less than 8”.  Should I expect the same with a coil like this?

The depth of a small coil with a width of 4 "can be somewhere in the range 6-8" ../ 8 "is for a large coin / for objects the size of a coin ...- but it will also depend on the type and also the possibility of setting the detector ... ..... in low mineralized terain..

• Like 3