Miracles Do Happen - Arrow 4" X 18" DD Coil From Detech

The latest update from Detech, I think production units are finally rolling off the production line. Here is an official model listing, and note that missing variants of the models listed will work also.

"THE ARROW" coil weighs 744 grams (1.64 lbs) with included scuff cover/skid plate. It is very robust, solidly filled with epoxy for ease of use underwater, fully waterproof. Coil 4" at widest, 18" long. Tapers to 3-1/4 inch width at ends of reinforcement "X" structure on top of coil. So more a 3" to 4" tapered width end to end, 4" along center region.

- 18x4 DD "THE ARROW" Minelab Explorer / Safari

- 18x4 DD "THE ARROW" Garrett AT Pro / AT Gold

- 18x4 DD "THE ARROW" Garrett ACE

- 18x4 DD "THE ARROW" White DFX / MXT / M6

- 18x4 DD "THE ARROW" Teknetics T2

- 18x4 DD "THE ARROW" Teknetics G2 / Gamma, Omega

- 18x4 DD "THE ARROW" Fisher F75

- 18x4 DD "THE ARROW" Nokta / Makro Simplex

There is also a new coil for Simplex - 15" Ultimate coil for Nokta / Makro Simplex.

arrow-search-coil-detech-18-x-4-dd-for-minelab-e-track-safari-explorer.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It's heavier than I thought it would be.

Hmmm...

I really want one of these coils, but so far, the Equinox 600 is eating my AT Max's lunch.

Maybe if I sell my AT Max, I should replace it with an Ace...there are alot of used ones for sale online...

It's a work of art. 

Ok so it does do the Simplex, so now it's Simplex, T2, AT Gold, Ace 300 or Gold Bug Pro in the mix.... Gold Bug Pro it is I guess, I notice E-trac isn't on the list, I thought it was going to be, I guess it's a variant? I've got my eyes out for a second hand one at the moment.

It's heavier than I thought it would be.

Trade off, no epoxy filling would be lighter, but in water not so good. If it is popular, maybe a lighter "dry land only" version someday?

Coil compatibility is just that. If a coil is compatible with one FT 19 kHz model, it's compatible with all of them. If I was running the show I'd list every single variant, just to make the list look more impressive. :smile:

• Like 3

I’m really surprised the Simplex didn’t make the cut as popular and recent a detector that is....

So with the 4” width, the assumption would be 4ish inches max depth.

Should one expect depth meters to be at all accurate on coin sized targets?

Is 4” maxed out on sensitivity? Less if sensitivity dialed down?

With the depth being relatively shallow, are VDIs relatively close to air test values for a detector?

Anyone have experience with this on the Bigfoot or Cleansweep?

I'm an undersell/overdeliver guy, so I'd say expect depth like a 4" stretched. But that is not accurate, it's really more about coil square inches than either length or width. As EL NINO77 has already answered, probably more like a 6" - 8" round depending on the target, with depth like a 6" round being a nice conservative guesstimate. Remember this is a stretch DD, not a concentric, and that complicates things also. This will be one coil where doing good depth comparison tests will be far more informative than is the norm. Fun project for EL I'd think. :smile: Speculating on VDI, depth reading, and such is kind of a waste of time, we will just have to wait and see.

• Like 3

I didn't expect this coil would be used in the water. I can't image swinging it in the water either. 

My T2 I wouldn't be taking it in the water. It does need a light weight coil.

I'm going to have to pass on this coil.

I didn't expect this coil would be used in the water. I can't image swinging it in the water either. 

Your metal detector using this coil will double as a paddle, so of course it's designed to be waterproof. 😄

lol, yes that would work. Somebody told me I could legally kayak by a house on a lake using my detector in the water and get out and dig a target. So there ya go. You can have your detector and paddle too. lol 

• Haha 1