Miracles Do Happen - Arrow 4" X 18" DD Coil From Detech

IMG_20200412_152430.thumb.jpg.0b1d77fc20e778a8b03c2d01a0a138c7.jpg

The very idea of an 18 "long and 4" narrow coil of adequately weighing coil../ 770gram / is really good and interesting ..

288706835_november1iphone5S2019004.thumb.JPG.3272bcd14bf3c09869d76ae4da1d64d0.JPG....There are several 18 "coils for some detectors ... but count with the weight of the coil somewhere beyond 1 kilogram - specifically 1050 grams ...

.... Sweeping speed in detection...? ... It will depend on the type of detection and the detector ... but compared to the 6 "coil it will be at least 4X faster because you don't have to translate the coil so much ... and compared to the 11" coil it will be 2X faster .... ,, but I will be very important here also good separation properties 4x18 "ARROW coil because this coil has a width of only 10 cm ... which contributes to good separation ...

...From my point of view I will buy an Arrow coil for Whites MXT / DFX detectors and in my opinion it is very likely that the Arr coil will work well for the Whites  SPECTRA V3 detector on some frequencies and maybe also on 3F multi F ... as I prefer the Detector to work on Mix Mode. .... at a coil weight of 770 grams, these Spectra V3aj MXT detectors will be well balanced ...
 Wide range of options ... setting up these detectors .... getting the most out of this coil ....

My 2. Alternative ......for the Arrow coil would be my Teknetics G2 detector ... because .this detector will work with this coil very well ... ,, similar to the Nel snake coil ... it's fast .. and also reasonably deep very stable detector .. detector with very good ID ..

• Like 5

I hope they can be talked into making one for the Nokta Impact.

Do we know if the DFX coil will work with the V3?

And do we know the price yet?

HH

Mike

..Mike...... some of the coils I have from the MXT / DFX / detectors - I also work well on the Spectra Vision and Spectra V3 detectors ... an example is this 18 "Detech exceleraror II, but also other Whites coils - which are not directly marked V- rated ..- but meet this standard ...

...The price of the ARROW coil for ACE is somewhere at the level of 120 euros ...
but we'll see what the prices of this coil are for other brands of detectors ...

• Like 2

Are these in stock available for purchase in the US?  I don’t know why I’m even asking that as I don’t have a detector that’s compatible with it. Lol. Too bad they aren’t making one for tesoros.  Even though tesoro is out of business, there’s a ton of them out there.  

Would one of these work on a PI or plans to make one that will?

They will work on listed models only, no PI models there. A PI version is a great idea though. DeTech has made GPX coils so maybe a possibility there? It all boils down to potential numbers, and lots of GPX out there.

Are these in stock available for purchase in the US?  I don’t know why I’m even asking that as I don’t have a detector that’s compatible with it. Lol. Too bad they aren’t making one for tesoros.  Even though tesoro is out of business, there’s a ton of them out there.  

All you can do is check with your dealer. If you have a Tesoro, track down a used Cleansweep coil.

• Like 2

If the Ace version of this coil is only 120 Euros I'll potentially get one for my Ace too, I figured they'd do them cheaper for the Ace than other higher end detectors, the other aftermarket brands also make their Ace coils cheaper.

18 hours ago, Mike_Hillis said:

Do we know if the DFX coil will work with the V3?

Any coil that will run on a DFX will run on the V series models, but may or may not reach V rating tolerances. If that’s the case, they might overload if pushed to the max, but should work fine, just like most older White’s non V rated coils worked fine.

• Like 1

Thrace Metal Detectors in Bulgaria has them in stock right now and they may be cheaper, even with shipping, than from US dealers who should have them soon. Their Detech GPX coils are well priced. I haven't dealt with them yet.

• Like 1