Miracles Do Happen - Arrow 4" X 18" DD Coil From Detech

Practice is the key I think. When I had trouble to pinpoint with DD's, espacially the bigger ones, I tried to set up the middle from left to right and back and then, if I think got the target right under the middle of the coil, pulling the coil back until the target disappears. Now it should be right in front of the coils tip. Hope this will work for "The Arrow", too. Right now the ground is hard as a rock. So I have to wait...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, locator said:

Practice is the key I think. When I had trouble to pinpoint with DD's, espacially the bigger ones, I tried to set up the middle from left to right and back and then, if I think got the target right under the middle of the coil, pulling the coil back until the target disappears. Now it should be right in front of the coils tip. Hope this will work for "The Arrow", too. Right now the ground is hard as a rock. So I have to wait...

Yeah, these coils are not hard to pinpoint with. The pull back method locator mentioned will work, especially for shallower targets. If nothing else, due to the narrow profile, the old “cross” method works extremely well. Sweep one way and center target, rotate 90 degrees and do it again. This is better for deep ones. Though for the way I use these coils, I only go after anything that my hand held pinpointer can reach from the surface, so exact pinpointing is kind of a non issue in my case.

• Like 3

So ... choices, choices ... do you buy an Arrow or a Deus II?

• Oh my! 1

The only place I've seen them on so far is Ebay and a Bulgarian seller, he had the AT Gold ones but they sold out before I had a chance, he also has the F75 and Explorer/Etrac coils.  No sign anywhere of Simplex coils, maybe Detech struck the same problem as Nel trying to release Simplex coils.  They hit a roadblock with Nokta preventing it by the looks of it.

As Detech is made in Bulgaria he is obviously sourcing direct if he is not involved with Detech keeping the price down.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/284569492364?hash=item4241a9db8c:g:cowAAOSwzUFhucmE&frcectupt=true

His price is reasonable though $154 USD plus $14 USD for shipping to NZ.

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

The only place I've seen them on so far is Ebay and a Bulgarian seller, he had the AT Gold ones but they sold out before I had a chance, he also has the F75 and Explorer/Etrac coils.  No sign anywhere of Simplex coils, maybe Detech struck the same problem as Nel trying to release Simplex coils.  They hit a roadblock with Nokta preventing it by the looks of it.

As Detech is made in Bulgaria he is obviously sourcing direct if he is not involved with Detech keeping the price down.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/284569492364?hash=item4241a9db8c:g:cowAAOSwzUFhucmE&frcectupt=true

His price is reasonable though $154 USD plus $14 USD for shipping to NZ.

I saw all minus the Simplex listed on a couple US based online dealers. That is a killer deal almost $100US less than these sites and shipping only $14 seems pretty cheap. 

• Like 1

Yes, it's a good deal, hopefully he starts to put up a bigger range for more detectors.  Pretty safe buying on Ebay, with Paypal they've got your back too.

It's a shame if Nokta have had a falling out with Detech, especially when their Simplex Ultimate coil had this written on it.  The fact Detech even needed to do a joint collaboration likely means Nokta have in some way locked down their coils or detectors, hopefully not chipped 😞

1855417567_SimplexDetechcoil.thumb.jpg.bb6e54b2f547a2fd614661530a940b4d.jpg

It was pretty clear at that point Nokta and Detech were working together, it could be why Nel is suddenly out of the picture with Nokta too, maybe Detech wasn't too happy about Nel making Simplex coils, which never ended up eventuating.

• Like 2

i try the arrow on the G2, too much snow and ice but i like it.

Great depth on big and very small and tiny items, no false signal or chattering. 

Easy pinpoint and ground balance.

only downside is the VDI numbers, for me they are too high and stable so i dig some junk, but is a new field very very polluted,i dug very small pieces of foil paper.  i will do more tests and try more outside.

in.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Ok Arrow users ... what say you?