Miracles Do Happen - Arrow 4" X 18" DD Coil From Detech

You'd be better off making one from scratch using a donor chip than trying to make one made for a different detector work on a multi frequency machine, same goes for PI.... very different requirements.

It's not really a coil design to suit a PI, it's ideal for recent lost jewellery finds, and the VLF is the detector of choice for this in almost all cases.

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t know why not much said about this type of coil with a pi. Actually should be ideal for the beach as it likely works better in black sand than a VLF.  As you say, just for recent drops.  This on a pi pro should be a fun, cheap, combo.  Detech makes several varieties of the arrow - wonder why not a pi one. So many detectors could use it.

What's to say? These types of coils have been made for PI detectors for the same reason, to get ground coverage without the weight, with the caveat that you are giving up depth compared to a heavier round coil. They have been used both for patch hunting for gold nuggets and by some beach hunters. They don't get much airplay for the same reason as the Bigfoot and Arrow - people obsess over depth and a round coil will go deeper. 

jimmy-sierra-tfoot-whites-tdi.jpg
Jimmy Sierra 18" x 5" coil for TDI / Minelab

jimmy-sierra-t-foot-coil-whites-tdi.jpg
Jimmy Sierra 18" x 5" coil for TDI / Minelab

nugget-finder-patch-pro.jpg

Nugget Finder 30" x 7" Patch Pro for Minelab / TDI

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151962869319

Previous thread on the subject....

• Like 4

Cool! 👍

I'll take either one to go, for my Tdi sl! Just gotta bring the $$$😁👍👍

I hunted saltwater beaches for years with that setup. It was great because I could cover the entire strip of wet sand with one sweep and not lose too much depth…

IMG_3621.jpeg

• Like 4