September - 8 Gold - Fisher AQ Ltd.

19 hours ago, Slimpickuns said:

Thanks Dewcon4414! Yea I think I might of gotten off easy as far as problems go with the AQ, When I first got mine about a year ago, the threshold nob wasn't working, I sent it back to Fisher and they replaced the threshold pot, took about a month before I got it back. Thankfully it has been working great ever since though..

Which coil are you using?   So what do you think of the depth compared to other machines you have used?   Would they have found this really nags?

• Like 1

I'm using the stock 12.7" coil, almost pulled the trigger on the 8" coil, but ultimately decided I didn't really need it. The depth is great! I cant imagine needing a deeper machine, I don't think I would want to dig any deeper unless I was going after a chest of gold 😁 I only have my Sov. GT and a Whites Surf PI to compare it to, before the AQ I would mostly use the Sov. GT for wet sand hunting in mild conditions and when I went to beaches where I knew the black sand was going to be thick, I would bust out the Surf PI since the GT would struggle in the black sand. The AQ has replaced both those machines for me, giving me the best of both worlds. I did a lot of black sand hunting in September where the Sov would have struggled, I would have missed a lot of targets since I would have had to dial back the settings and also keep the coil a few inches off the sand. Using the Surf PI would have worked, but I would have to dig absolutely everything including clad coins, and in a loaded target rich beach, I'm really only after the gold, I don't want to waste time digging endless amounts of clad coins, bobby pins and tent stakes. With the AQ I can work the thick black sand without losing too much depth and also weed out most iron, tent stakes and clad coins and just go after the gold signals If I want, which come through as a high pitch smooth squeal. I love the high pitch squeal it gives over gold signals, its music to my ears! I still have my Sov. GT and Surf Pi as back up, just in case I run into any technical problems with the AQ but for me it has become the MVP in the line-up for wet sand hunting. Honestly, If I didn't like this machine and felt that It was an absolute dud, I wouldn't be trying to buy a 2nd one that's for sure! 😁

• Like 3

Awesome finds Dave - congrats! Great job on taking the time to learn the new detector - it's paying off for you. I know how much you love that Sovereign so it being relegated to back-up status speaks volumes about the AQ.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Compass said:

Awesome finds Dave - congrats! Great job on taking the time to learn the new detector - it's paying off for you. I know how much you love that Sovereign so it being relegated to back-up status speaks volumes about the AQ.

Thanks George! 🙂

That's a Great Month! And some beautiful Gold, specially the One! 

So glad to see another "AQ" lover! I do hope you can snag another Limited. Like you I have heard nothing other then what Russ said about 2022 being the year. 

Good Luck and continue the Mission!! 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a Great Month! And some beautiful Gold, specially the One! 

So glad to see another "AQ" lover! I do hope you can snag another Limited. Like you I have heard nothing other then what Russ said about 2022 being the year. 

Good Luck and continue the Mission!! 

Thanks Joe!  After a year of owning the AQ and using it non-stop on the wet sand, I definitely love it! Combined with your 11 hour big battery, it's a force to be reckoned with 😁 I do hope to snag a 2nd AQ ltd, but I feel that I may have missed my chance. I like $1499 price tag on it, not too hard on the wallet.. 

On 10/11/2021 at 10:09 PM, Slimpickuns said:

Thanks Hamid!  Have you been out hunting lately? Haven't seen you post finds in a long time.. What machine do you use these days?

You're most welcome 🙂

Time to time I went to detecting,  but as you knew,  there is no good conditions so far, except some little Yellow I found in last month and first week in October. I use Sovereign GT and many other MDs.

I will publish soon or later. 

Thank you for asking and I wish you all the best. 

Your friend Hamid. 

• Like 1