Coil Support Device

Al F

2 hours ago, midalake said:

Chase is correct. To strengthen the coil correctly the coil support MUST be epoxied to all surfaces it touches. 

You will not need a warranty for breakage after the coil support is correctly installed. It won't break! 

For the record.  I had a coil break, and I put a coil ear and epoxy repair on it so I could finish my trip. Minelab did have pictures before the repair. They did send me a new coil. 

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

About the same here! Broke one just before a trip! JB Welded it! Upon return, sent ML pics, and they said send it, and replaced it, no problem! 👌

They may not fix the "flaw" with the coils, but they are Great at honoring their warranty!👍👍

Agree, anecdotal evidence demonstrates that ML USA has generally been very accommodating even on “modified” coils to warranty replacement for broken ears.  Just don’t know if CoilTek would be as accommodating on similarly modified coils.  Just a providing general caution that “permanent” mods always run the risk of the manufacturer denying a warranty repair claim, but the degree to which this is enforced or ignored varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even from claim to claim for a given manufacturer.  

If the coil design permits you to avoid having to make these kind of mods, it’s best to avoid them to eliminate any questions if eventually faced with a coil warranty repair situation.