OK Super Sleuths out there. Image search was a dead end, and thats not unusual.  Looks like some kind of vehicle badge/emblem? Backside seems to be copper. Found in an agricultural field, northeast USA.  I think Gravely tractor uses a capital "G"?  But perhaps farm equipment is a red herring.  Measures approx 3/4" X 5/8"

IMG_2167.JPG

• Like 1

Looks like some of the old political campaign pins they used to give out. Grandfather had quite a collection of them, so you might want to look in that direction also.

• Like 1

Pin huh? Interesting idea. I wouldn't want to wear it as the corners are somewhat sharp. Pic of the back, in the center, is slightly brighter/less tarnished. Suspect there may have been a pin soldered there at some point.

Trash usually gets thrown out when I get home, then there is the curious items like this I may research a little but its headed towards the trash bin soon.   

IMG_2168.JPG

• Like 1

Looks like it had a nail that was soldered so probably a pin. I take it your not going to repair and wear it huh? 🙂

Leaning increasingly towards a lapel pin.  The R with a circle (standing for 'Registered Trade Mark'?) is interesting and narrows it down some.  Has anyone tried to put it into that artificial intelligence engine on the internet that finds matches?  (Obviously I haven't since I don't even remember the name of it.  🥴)

9 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Leaning increasingly towards a lapel pin.  The R with a circle (standing for 'Registered Trade Mark'?) is interesting and narrows it down some.  Has anyone tried to put it into that artificial intelligence engine on the internet that finds matches?  (Obviously I haven't since I don't even remember the name of it.  🥴)

I did, it's called Google Lens. Got nothing. Might have been a very short campaign 🤔 

Also went the Gravely route, found nothing that matched. That was a good guess however.

• Like 1