The Tarsacci Is No Gimmick

1 hour ago, kac said:

Is the Tarsacci more sensitive than the Orx? When I say sensitive, do they run the range of audio and ID response closer to the ground phase? In some cases running it too close can make a machine chatty as in the case of the Kruzer's in 2, 4, and deep modes.

That was more of my point. When I had the ORX it did fairly well in aluminum trash. Made it not a bad coin shooting machine however it didn't handle rusty bottle caps very well as it didn't have any iron response for me.

Tarsacci is not more sensitive per se. It has the ability to handle mineralized ground better than just about any VLF I have used, meaning it’s effective depth at which it can at least differentiate a ferrous from a non-ferrous target is greater by a noticeable margin than any other vlf (the actual difference depends on the degree of mineralization).  Dual AM/Disc mode mixed audio provides a great audio feature to enable you to hear the iron while making the non-discriminated non-ferrous target audio pop out of the AM muck.  That’s what the Tarsacci brings to the table in hot ground, even with ferrous targets.  Setting up the Tarsacci to behave properly under those conditions, however, takes some trial error based adjustment of the salt balance setting which in a non-salt-beach situation, serves as a mineralization mitigation setting.  Not something I have completely mastered yet even after owning the Tarsacci for more than a year.

But the mixed mode or even disc mode audio is held back by the fixed 3-tone implementation in the presence of large quantities of non-ferrous junk.

• Like 2