New Inexpensive Gear Belt With Pouches

I'm always looking for new stuff to try out on a limited budget, and think I may have found an interesting new item.31C1PD6L2hL._AC_SY780_.jpg.c1ba526be797b624df48cb498965fa42.jpg

I like the Calces365 waterproof beach bag, I've been using it for everything for quite a while, but my last coin shooting trip to the campground took the zippers out on the bag, the dirt and sand ate them up. I trashed the finds pocket by zipping it more than 300 times in 4 days. However, for $13 they are easily replaceable if not sold out. 

Recently I was looking for a replacement, the beach bag belt belt is too thin to hold my pinpointer and Doc's shovel bag well, it does but it isn't great. I came across the above rig, apparently new from Calces365. It's only $19.99.

It comes in camo and black. It has two pouches Velcro-attached to a very comfortable and tough belt. One has 3 pockets, front, large inside, and Velcro-closure mesh inside. The other is a large trash bag with a mesh bottom and a drawstring that can fold up small. Velcro doesn't wear out too fast if you brush the dirt out of it from time to time. They should probably use self-repairing zippers but that would drive the cost up.

It has a 52" belt that has one drawback, if you have to make it small the bags almost go to your back to attach to the inside Velcro. I'm tall but not "big". If they sewed Velcro to the first 8" of the outside that would fix it. You can slide the pouch under the outside if you want to, but you'd lose some hold.

The belt can easily hold a pinpointer loop (wish it had one) and whatever else you want to attach. I know some don't like mesh in a bag, so you could throw a small towel in the bottom to keep sand from falling out, I have no problem with the trash bag getting lighter but it never seems to. 😀 It's about as large as I would want it to be as well.

It can be found here and probably on eBay:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08ZSWF8N2

• Like 7

That is a good, functionable rig. I use something similar, a 3 pouch Dove hunting belt bag. Works just right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always try and find pouches where I can use my own heavy duty nylon belt! The sewed-in belts are always flimsy, and I can't adjust where my stuff sits on the belt! Look's like the belt is separate on this model! ( in Video)!👌 

I can tell you that my grey nylon MineLab pouch had a "waterproof" coating inside, that is falling apart! Not old either! Not worth returning, I just won't buy one again!👍👍 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

I always try and find pouches where I can use my own heavy duty nylon belt! The sewed-in belts are always flimsy, and I can't adjust where my stuff sits on the belt! Look's like the belt is separate on this model! ( in Video)!👌 

I can tell you that my grey nylon MineLab pouch had a "waterproof" coating inside, that is falling apart! Not old either! Not worth returning, I just won't buy one again!👍👍 

Yeah Joe, I'm henceforth the "budget detectorist" 😀 this kit is pretty heavy nylon, about half as tough as military stuff. I have no stake in it other than it works for me. The belt doesn't twist or fold like most bag belts, and it has a massive Bianchi-style clip. Thought I'd throw it out there for those of us on fixed income. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got one on order yesterday, Thanks Bob!!👍👍

• Like 1

I use the Garrett pouch for land, whish it had a mesh bottom and the internal zipper does get stuck as I jammed it up with crud. Beaches I have an old Kellyco mesh pouch but it is falling apart. Mesh pouch I found have a downside on land when you have muddy junk tossed in and that gets all over your leg.

If I was to find a dream setup I would look for internal pouch with good size overhang that has velcro, main trash pouch with mesh only on the lower front. D ring loops to hang stuff on the outside and maybe a waterbottle holder off to one side. Garrett one is a good size and fairly cheap. Has enough room to hold my hand digger and pp. It also has camo pattern so you can sneak up on those coins :)

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, kac said:

I use the Garrett pouch for land, whish it had a mesh bottom and the internal zipper does get stuck as I jammed it up with crud. Beaches I have an old Kellyco mesh pouch but it is falling apart. Mesh pouch I found have a downside on land when you have muddy junk tossed in and that gets all over your leg.

If I was to find a dream setup I would look for internal pouch with good size overhang that has velcro, main trash pouch with mesh only on the lower front. D ring loops to hang stuff on the outside and maybe a waterbottle holder off to one side. Garrett one is a good size and fairly cheap. Has enough room to hold my hand digger and pp. It also has camo pattern so you can sneak up on those coins 🙂

Totally agree with everything you wrote. I've conversed with the owner of Calces365, may see if he will make a rig like that. You're right about the mud falling through.

Not sure why the tool side inside pouch has mesh, it's too hard to get to for storing best finds. I put the coins in the front pocket.

I have the Garrett bag, and the Calces365 waterproof. Got this rig because it is lightweight and had the much better belt. You can put stuff where you want and it will attach with Velcro so it doesn't move. The military style belts I use in the winter are heavy but the most comfortable. They have MOLLE and an inside cushion.

• Like 2

I was looking at the Calces and held back as I am not a fan of zippers for this type of thing. Some my friends use backpacks to carry a lot of their extra gear, not a bad idea either but less I carry the better especially woods hunting.

Can you stitch a velcro flap on the pockets on the one you have? I'm not good at stitching anything, everything I try to stitch ends up looking like a pom pom 😞

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, kac said:

I was looking at the Calces and held back as I am not a fan of zippers for this type of thing. Some my friends use backpacks to carry a lot of their extra gear, not a bad idea either but less I carry the better especially woods hunting.

Can you stitch a velcro flap on the pockets on the one you have? I'm not good at stitching anything, everything I try to stitch ends up looking like a pom pom 😞

I was fairly good at using a machine to sew name tags on my Army gear, but don't have access to one anymore. 😀 That was a long time ago. It passed inspection.

One of the reasons I look for cheap gear is it's equally cheap replacement cost. It's still got to be rugged.

I can't ever see using a backpack unless I'm going somewhere huge on an extended stay. Heck I can throw my golf cart on a trailer and not even have to walk much, additionally using it as a marker for grid search. I think that was how I was able to dig so many holes at that campground.

Definitely finding that zippers are an Achilles' heel on finds bags, even Velcro wears out pretty fast unless it is maintained. Once you zip a zipper over dirt you've already mangled it somewhat. That can't be undone.

• Like 2

A magnetic snap might be good, never wear out and all our nails will stick to it 🙂

• Like 3