Fall Is Here And The Fields Are Being Harvested!

Dug2gld

I also had it on the arm area, but wanted to try it on the shaft, I lost the transmitter once in a field and didn’t notice it was gone until I got back to the car.  So thinking if its on the shaft I might see it fall…lol 

It will take a bit to post a photo of my set up as I don't use a smartphone. I will try. 

I will add that the Garrett MS3 & MS2 sound okay on the Tarsacci, BUT my 150 ohm Killer Bs sound so much better. They bring out the disc tones in Mixed mode very well. Crisp instead of muddy.

Just now, JCR said:

It will take a bit to post a photo of my set up as I don't use a smartphone. I will try. 

I will add that the Garrett MS3 & MS2 sound okay on the Tarsacci, BUT my 150 ohm Killer Bs sound so much better. They bring out the disc tones in Mixed mode very well. Crisp instead of muddy.

Thank you!! I might have to look for them! 

4 minutes ago, JCR said:

Are those wireless??

11 hours ago, Dug2gld said:

Got the tarsacci out today to get things charged up and redoing the zlink wires differently. I love the z link and Garrett headphones. But hate the connector that’s needed.  Wish I could figure out something different for that.  Will be in Culpeper in about 3 weeks for the DIV and will only be using the tarsacci there.  

I'll be at DIV in 3 weeks. But it will be GPX the whole time for me. Took the Tarsacci last year and although it did quite well, the GPX really is the way to go in that dirt IMO. Garrett z-lynk works great on the Tarsacci but yea it has to many connections.

I know the GPX is the detector for the red soil, but I didn’t want to spend $3000 lol.  Maybe a used one will pop up after the DIV.  But I plan on using the Tarsacci.  I have a friend that lives up there and we have used it in the fields.  I think it was hearing what the GPX was also hearing.  So we will see, I hope I can get over some brass, the tarsacci loves the deep brass here in this part of VA. I have yet to find silver with it though!  Good Luck at the DIV!! 

• Like 1

Yea used GPX's for a decent price are hard to come by these days. Yea you will hear most targets, the deeper ones just sound like iron. If it's snowing or raining it's definitely the way to go. I never did find any buttons with my Tarsacci at DIV but I did find bullets and camp lead. You will need to ground balance often and you can tell when it's off because you start to get false signals. I was digging everything that gave a positive number at least 50% of the time. Still dug a lot of nails but you dig quite a few with the GPX as well. Good Luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Killer Bs are wired. I use the Garrett WS R receiver and just tuck it all in. It is worth the cord to get the sound quality. Don't overlook the convenience of the Garrett AT Z Lynk pipointer being a seemless part. I have one set up on the Vista X and purchased a second set up for the Tarsacci, including a second set of headphones. The Hornet model has it's own 1/8 to 1/4 adapter which was a nice feature.

3 hours ago, abenson said:

Yea used GPX's for a decent price are hard to come by these days. Yea you will hear most targets, the deeper ones just sound like iron. If it's snowing or raining it's definitely the way to go. I never did find any buttons with my Tarsacci at DIV but I did find bullets and camp lead. You will need to ground balance often and you can tell when it's off because you start to get false signals. I was digging everything that gave a positive number at least 50% of the time. Still dug a lot of nails but you dig quite a few with the GPX as well. Good Luck

Dug2gld - Andy (abenson) and I compared Tarsacci notes every day on the last DIV.  We reached the same conclusion - GPX is the way to go but Tarsacci will do in a pinch as a backup (which I did have to invoke because my GPX power switch failed during the hunt), as a “change of pace shoulder saver” when the GPX wears you down physically, and as the detector to use in rainy weather conditions.   I have a trusted friend who is mulling selling his GPX 4500 and who may decide to do so before DIV (he is not attending DIV). If you are interested, PM me and I can put you two in touch with each other to see if you can mutually work out a deal.

HH.

I checked my set up after work. It is the Stereo(2 bands on the tip) adapter that worked.