Something Coming! Any Guesses?

Brushcreek

From my standpoint I consider the Deus as an almost perfect detector for I am doing ( coin hunting in plowed fields/ often high iron trash / mild soil / European conditions ) and I am not the only one , at least over here ... I dont need advanced features as the targets I am looking for are mostly at the ground surface ,  I just need a very reactive and accurate on targets machine , with an excellent iron filtering , just like a Tesoro, and the Deus already does the job ...🙂  

The only thing I dont like on the Deus is the charging system . Actually I am curious to see how/if XP can still improve the Deus performances for this kind of hunting with this new SMF machine ...  Perhaps they simply will not ..

It is an other story with beach hunting ,  the new XP SMF detector will open a new market share for them , adding the beach to the inland areas ... 

On 10/15/2021 at 8:38 AM, palzynski said:

From my infos ( local French dealers ) , XP will release a new SMF VLF detector by the end of the year. 

Thats what i have heard a few months ago. 

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

From my standpoint I consider the Deus as an almost perfect detector for I am doing ( coin hunting in plowed fields/ often high iron trash / mild soil / European conditions ) and I am not the only one , at least over here ... I dont need advanced features as the targets I am looking for are mostly at the ground surface ,  I just need a very reactive and accurate on targets machine , with an excellent iron filtering , just like a Tesoro, and the Deus already does the job ...🙂  

The only thing I dont like on the Deus is the charging system . Actually I am curious to see how/if XP can still improve the Deus performances for this kind of hunting with this new SMF machine ...  Perhaps they simply will not ..

It is an other story with beach hunting ,  the new XP SMF detector will open a new market share for them , adding the beach to the inland areas ... 

Seems to me that being so conscious of counting every gram of weight you would want an XP light weight SMF to replace your heavier Apex and Vanquish detectors with similar capabilities, no?

• Like 1

I don’t think them to release a machine to compete with Vanquish, Apex etc

I also don’t see them release a detector under 1000 € like the Equinox so they remain in the price range of the CTx3030 to compete (~1500€).

If their SMF does not do as well as a CTx3030 + Equinox in terms of performance, it will be hard ...

Even if they have the advantage of wireless and weight.

I'm really looking forward to testing this detector.

• Like 1

deus is perfect on weight i woud not go back to a heavy machine or a non wifi machine ,i do need better depth and more acurate IDs which the deus is not good at,,

deus gives a good signal on stainless steel

• Thanks 1

I would hope it’s a multifrequency rig. I have a hard time imagining them replacing the remote, but I hope they do, and with a color screen. I’ve always thought that any multifrequency machine that doesn’t incorporate color graphics in a manner similar to V3i and/or CTX is a missed opportunity to get the most out of it. Could you imagine adding the speed XP is known for to the way V3i utilizes color coded frequencies in pinpoint. Many never realized its potential to signal where one overlapping target ends and another begins along with their composition. I’m also a fan of my CTXs Target Trace. That’s what I’m hoping for anyway and if it is what I hope I might just return to XP. I had planned to buy another Deus or an ORX, but now I’ll wait and see.

• Like 3

To my frustration they did a pretty good job of masking any details on this machine in the video lol. I tried every trick in the photo editing book to get a closer look at it. I’m consistently hearing that it’s waterproof, as any SMF should be, and loaded with options to manipulate the frequencies, some new to the game. I take the former with a grain of salt since XP is now synonymous with wireless detection, but the latter sounds like a good bet with XP. There’s little to nothing else out there in the wild. They’ve kept it quiet. No ideas about whether it has a color lcd or entirely new remote though it would seem like it would have to be if the waterproof rumors are true. But no specific features or frequencies.

Personally I expect a top tier innovative foundation to build on. The future of metal detecting is already headed toward feather light selectable and simultaneous multi as standard features. Nowhere else to go but standardizing color LCD graphics and adding peripheral gadgetry, like smart glasses (likely built off of or integrated with headphones), and some level of cell phone integration. In other words enhancements you can attach to your head or arm rather than adding weight to the detector. The days of bulky detectors are coming to a close. There will come a day, not far off where people will look at a CTX like we look at a tube TV and it will likely be partly on account of the evolution of this machine over time. I know it would be their first SMF, but everyone has the benefit of studying how all previous iterations function and how they might be improved. XP doesn’t strike me as a company willing to settle for less or an “also ran” model. 

• Like 3

Could it be a new coil option? Something like a 5” round or 3x6 elliptical?  I doubt that would inspire a get ready tease video, though.