With A Little Power Comes A Little Responsibility - Getting Heard By The Manufacturers

Steve Herschbach

• The title was changed to With A Little Power Comes A Little Responsibility - Getting Heard By The Manufacturers

I was reading over again about the MX Sport in Lost Treasure written by Andy. On the MX Sport Andy didn't have a 100 % to say on it. On any detector we will have some positive and negative thing to say about it . What is trouble for one is not for another. I think this wholes true for us all.

It's a old saying if you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw rocks. Maybe it would be best if we take a look at ones self before we pickup a negative word.

I think all of us want the detector companies to listen to us. Like when I posted on here my new out of the box Nokta Gold Plus was not working. I just posted I needed help bad and Nokta was here. It did help I knew they posted on here all the time. The main thing they were there more than willing to make it right.

I'm no saint being Steve just had to removed something said between me and another guy. Like me I forget what I'm saying is here for all to read. I just need to remember what I say is here for all ears to read. Nothing private be positive are negative.

Chuck

Well said, Steve. I think you have to rank as the most even-handed Detector commentator ever!

I agree that intelligent comments without slurs would be more effective.

Nokta Detectors seems to understand the need and benefit in listening to the pleas of the masses. I especially like the fact that they opening participate in this forum.Other manufacturers should take note.

fred

• Like 5

Yes, the people have feelings and possibly pride of their employ. However, if "they" want to find the truth they will have to dig through the fluff, muck and slime to hit paydirt (the facts) of  what the end-user thinks. Not every one writes as clearly or as prudently as you or Chris Ralph or my distant friend Jonathan Porter.

• Like 2

Hehh, that being said I posted a bit about the Zed's car port recharger cable.... the insulation is junk for cold weather.... anyrate What ever happened to that detector coil quiz some time ago... What Coil Size Do You Most Want For The GPZ 7000?  That'd be a response I could appreciate among others to see feed back.  Not your Job Steve~ theirs.  However it would be most unfortunate if people came flocking here to make a gaggle out of things.... sigh.

Honestly I just want the best as a consumer.  If there  is any genuine interest in this forum from manufactures I would be glad to help directly or indirectly. *shrugs*  Steve your running a tight crew *figurative* so I do hope your creation here is a driver for the manufactures to take a gage on.

I think this forum is great. there is alot of topics on tech and ideas. I think it is a responsibility to also help the new guy or girl. I dont think anybody started this thrill without help or seeing someone find a treasure with a detector that spark the interest.  I notice everybody is more then willing to help a new detectorist with tips and such. I know everybody cant give away some of their great gold locations, but atleast aiming them on the right track helps. pay it forward is good for the detector society.  I pretty much spend alot of my free time doing research for new people to try to get them a few gold locations going. Being on the gold is very important or people get bored and give up. it is definitely not easy to find gold. it is very good at hiding. I think it is also a good balance to have the successes of detecting trips posted to keep morale up and dreams going. I pretty much think this forum has about the most well rounded characteristics to be the most informative to help anyone at any skill level. manufactors definitely should keep an eye on this community. 

• Like 5