Hi From France

Melano87

Hi everyone,

Avid reader from France of this forum, which I consider to be the "best" in the world. I am happy to be part of this community.

Passionate since childhood by detection, I mainly detect in fields and woods family (I am the son of farmer) I had the chance to try and have a lot of detectors.

My favorite is the Sovereign which I find unbeatable in discrimination between aluminum and gold.

Sorry if my English is approximate .

Thanks.

• Like 6

Welcome Melano,

ย  ย Your English is fine, my French is much worse!๐Ÿ˜‚ย  Glad you made it onto the forum! It's always nice to hear from people on the other side of the "Pond"! We would like to hear more about the family farm property, and what you have been finding there!! Post some pics for us, with some stories, and general locations!! And good luck!๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Like 5

Welcome to the forum and not to worry about your English as some of us here are worse than you, and they live here.

All kidding aside please share some of your stories and finds with us as we all love a good story with nice pictures.

Welcome again and hope to read some of your articles soon.

• Like 2

Hi,

Thanks "kac", "Joe D." and "Valens Legacy" for the welcoming.

The job occupies me a lot at the moment but I will try to take pictures of the outings.

"Joe D." : My parents have been retired since this summer so we are renting the land to other farmers, the property in total must be about 150 hectares, it is not very big for France, let alone seen from the United States. But it is very big in the department where we are because the smaller properties are numerous. My parents made the sheep (about 900 animals), and they sold the lambs for the meat market mainly. They also sold some grain.

For my part, I planted truffle trees for the variety of Melanosporum "black truffle" truffles, which I harvest during the autonal / winter seasons and I maintain the trees outside.

For the finds, they are from all eras, Roman / Gallic until recently.

The most common coins in the department remain copper coins called "Double Tournois" produced from the 1200s to the 1700s, coins during the revolutionary period of the 1780-1790s (I love the one called "bell metal" , to summarize during the revolution, the precious metals necessary for the minting of coins are lacking, therefore the church bells are melted for the minting of these coins ...) and also the coins under Napoleon III.

Detection in France is very complicated because the law is very ambiguous. There are a few lawsuits filed against YouTubers or other resellers. The Drac, the organism responsible for archelogical research, has been pursuing a hunt for 2/3 years.

The law says that it is forbidden to detect with a metal detector if it is for archaeological purposes ... And even to dig ... You can search with a metal detector for your fallen watch, ring, agricultural parts ... And besides selling metal detectors is legal / permitted ...

ย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, locator said:

Welcome toย  the forums, Melano87. And yes, the Sovereign is one good machine. So, wich one do you own?

Hi, thanks "locator".

I own the 1991 Sovereign mounted on an XP Deus rod with LiPo battery and the Nel Hunter 12.5x8.5 "disc, and an Elite also mounted on a Deus rod with LiPo battery and the Coiltek Orange 10x5" inch disc (the black version is slightly less efficient).

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Bienvenue Melano87...ย ๐Ÿ™‚ย  Which area are you from in France ?

Salut palzynski,

Middle of France.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Milano !

Your english is very good . Better than my french and I spoke only french until I was 3 ,,,, 65 years ago now ! My memere raised me....

I'm green with envy of your farm and all the history it holds.

I'd guess that everyone on this forum would like a chance to detect there !!

The laws on detecting in France seem quite restrictive ,ย 

Good Luck hunting for your "lost watch and rings"ย ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1