Who Has Had Issues With Their Gpx 6000?

1 hour ago, strick said:

Hey Clark I Noticed the same thing about mine with the 11 inch coil...first time I had it out it ran fine...second time couple weeks later I had it out it was really acting up...the slightest bump would sound it off.... if I even lightly pressed the coil down on the ground it would sound off...if I ever so slightly bumped the coil wire it would sound off... got me to wondering if the 11 inch coil was defective...the next day different ground it purred like a kitten....I did run it in Auto plus mostly the next day...where as the day before I was mostly in manual...I'm thinking these machines are just super sensitive...Merton says it has cheap electronics in it lol...maybe he's right? 

strick

Chuck, that is pretty much my exact experience with the 17” coil, I couldn’t believe how stable it was and then it got touchy. I wonder if something in the windings has come loose allowing some movement? I was planning to do some coil comparison at the training we can switch coils around and see what happens.

’ 

• Like 1

Well, back out here today and the 6000 is not working it's doing the same as yesterday. Almost forgot, pushed the power button and it wouldn't come on pulled the battery out and put it back in and it came on. Calling Minelab Monday and having a talk about the problems these detectors are having. Two hundred miles in two days and didn't get to detect. Guess I'll help my buddy dig nuggets like I did yesterday. SMH!!!!

• Oh my! 2

I had some self inflicted issues with my 6 awhile back but thanks to the forum members and some advice it's now working as it should. My areas are trashy and emi can get real annoying so I don't use it much but it's always with me when I stumble onto a less trashy area. The issues I had were solved from advice got here and were loose coil wire and also a factory re-set.  My coil wire was LOOSE as hell at power box.

Today I dug 10 real tiny bits and working hard for them. Took a lunch break and realized I needed to do something different so I thought about an area I'd pounded with the Monster several times digging/raking and couldn't remember if I'd followed the spot up with the 6 or not?  What the hell...I'll hit it again with the 6 as what I'd been doing wasn't going all that well today.  The 6 ran pretty smooth (for a change) and I popped 5 more nicer nuggs so the 6 really added to the 10 previous smallest of bits. Today I was loving the wild sensitive 6 and quite impressed on depth on small nuggs.

So sorry you guys are having issues....if nothing else check that coil cable at the box, it seemingly tightens first few threads...BUT then you need to push cable in a little further...tighten nut some more, and possibly one more time.  Thanks to whomever told me about that as my cable was really loose.....that and a re-set fixed mine right up!!!!!  Oh yeah...59 nuggs with the 6 so far and I rarely use it......

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Gerry, there is nothing funny about people on here getting defective products. Sure the 6000 has advantages, and I will appreciate those advantages in a couple weeks. Remember the detector and coil sales I sent your way. I am still waiting for the $100 credit you promised in 2018.  How much is the 17" coil? Surely you would apply that credit to that coil. Right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

Gerry, there is nothing funny about people on here getting defective products. Sure the 6000 has advantages, and I will appreciate those advantages in a couple weeks. Remember the detector and coil sales I sent your way. I am still waiting for the $100 credit you promised in 2018.  How much is the 17" coil? Surely you would apply that credit to that coil. Right?

Really!!!!!!!

Is this from the same guy who was down talking the GPX-6000 on DP before it came out?  Of course so. 

You want to talk about promises made? Buddy, you need to get back in your lane before Karma strikes again.

I love you.🥰😍

• Haha 1

My 6000 was working perfectly straight out of the box. It was one of the first in the US to arrive. Perhaps the following production batches started to have some of these issues? I never had any quality issues with any ML detector I bought, aside the well known battery issue with the first SDC models. I am sorry to hear that you guys have so many problems with it. Bummer!

• Like 2