Who Has Had Issues With Their Gpx 6000?

28 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The only thing that bothered me was the cover up and trying to say it's a sensitive detector etc etc etc as the reason for the problem rather than admitting there was a real fault, i was heavily mocked by some individuals far more knowledgeable than me about detectors for complaining about it when I was confident it was not normal behaviour.

I guess as more and more people were finding the problem and questioning them about it they had to accept it wasn't such a tiny number of detectors that they could get away with just dismissing and was in fact a widespread issue I believe affecting every GPX 6000 sold until they worked out and resolved the problem.  I'm thankful they did it, but I'm disappointed it took so long to accept it was a real problem.   The 6000's now everything I hoped it would be.

Yeah, seeing you throw it on the ground was the low point of it for you, sorry to see you go through that. I have to thank you though, I got mine fixed as soon as you released that ML AU note about how to prepare it for turning it in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

Yeah, seeing you throw it on the ground was the low point of it for you, sorry to see you go through that. I have to thank you though, I got mine fixed as soon as you released that ML AU note about how to prepare it for turning it in. 

@jasong suffered the same as I did with both the mocking and the problem affecting his enjoyment of using the detector and I thank him for sticking to his guns and making people aware of the problem.  It's all worked out in the end and I hope Jason and I along with others played a small part in forcing their hand to do something about it.  I really like the 6000 now, and back then I wanted to wrap it around a tree.  I also thank you GotAU for helping sort out the loose shaft issue seeing they've neglected to resolve that one, mines at a point now I'm happy with it due to your methods.

• Like 3

Well Reese has been making it work well for him, love his heart nugget- 14-inches deep is a good indicator of how well the thing can work. I don’t know if he uses headphones or not, should ask him as I like to keep my ears open and use a torus instead.

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

Glad it worked out for you and thanks for posting feedback, it encourages the last stragglers to finally get it done which they should.  The change is rather noticeable on just about every detector that has had it done from what I've seen so far... 

Fantastic service by Miners Den. 

Yes fantastic service by Bendigo Miners Den alright simon. I rang about a month ago and was lucky to speak to the technician and he explained the process and said that he only works Monday,  Wednesday,  and Friday and that it would take about 20 to 30 minutes while you wait . He told me to check a few days before to be sure. I rang last Wednesday to check I'd be right for Friday, he said all good he was there all day and he knew I was heading down from NSW. Arrived at the shop just after lunch, after an 8 hour drive only to be told he went home sick with pneumonia. The shop rang him and he was back there in about 10 minutes. They said I could hang around the shop or go next door and have a beer while I wait and they will ring when it's done. I went with the beer option. About 20 minutes later it was ready and he was heading back home to bed.  I can't thank them enough, especially the technician.  That's what I call service , excellent  👌 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My 2nd 11" coil has become unusable,  same as the 1st, so touch sensitive that grass will make it scream, I am really trying very hard to like this machine, but at least I know my zed is reliable. My backup and sometimes patch finding gpx 6000 is becoming a bit of dark cloud.

• Oh my! 1

3 minutes ago, TE Gold said:

My 2nd 11" coil has become unusable,  same as the 1st, so touch sensitive that grass will make it scream, I am really trying very hard to like this machine, but at least I know my zed is reliable. My backup and sometimes patch finding gpx 6000 is becoming a bit of dark cloud.

Get yourself a Coiltek or NF coil, do the audio fix, and you will love this machine.

GC

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, TE Gold said:

The way I see it is eventually they'll find out what's wrong with the manufacturing of the 11" coil and fix it up, in the meantime just keep replacing them until you finally get a good one as the 11" is an outstanding coil when working well.   It's pretty incredible how many fail though, and in such a short time many people are on their second or third 11".   I once remember someone saying to me that Minelab won't allow aftermarket unapproved coils as they can't assure the quality of them meeting their rigid specifications, now look what's happening to their own coils. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

but the number of reported defects has been really disappointing, especially people experiencing multiple coil failures.

Yep, it is ridiculous.  And why they have not found the issue and fixed it is frustrating.

I still have not returned my first 11” coil which has 2 ear cracks and a crack at the cable entry point for the shear fact that it works brilliantly and I am concerned about what I am going to get in return!!   It needs to go back soon though, before the warranty runs out and also giving me enough warranty time remaining to make sure the replacement is decent.   

• Like 2