Who Has Had Issues With Their Gpx 6000?

16 minutes ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

Gerry, there is nothing funny about people on here getting defective products. Sure the 6000 has advantages, and I will appreciate those advantages in a couple weeks. Remember the detector and coil sales I sent your way. I am still waiting for the $100 credit you promised in 2018.  How much is the 17" coil? Surely you would apply that credit to that coil. Right?

Really!!!!!!!

Is this from the same guy who was down talking the GPX-6000 on DP before it came out?  Of course so. 

You want to talk about promises made? Buddy, you need to get back in your lane before Karma strikes again.

I love you.🥰😍

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

You want to talk about promises made? Buddy, you need to get back in your lane before Karma strikes again.

I love you.🥰😍

😘 whistling innocently while keeping my mouth shut after realizing there is no delete button, only edit button, lesson learned.. hahahaah

• Haha 1

My 6000 was working perfectly straight out of the box. It was one of the first in the US to arrive. Perhaps the following production batches started to have some of these issues? I never had any quality issues with any ML detector I bought, aside the well known battery issue with the first SDC models. I am sorry to hear that you guys have so many problems with it. Bummer!

• Like 2

It is quite clear that earlier this year they were aware of problems with the 6000 yet they kept selling them.They could have done a recall on whatever run of detectors that were faulty or find out where the problem was during the manufacturing process. But oh no, they chose to keep sending them out and worry about it later at the expense of the consumer. Apparently they need to step up their quality control program and I don't care what the demand was a good company doesn't do that. JMO

• Like 4

It especially sucks that Minelab's policy is that if you don't find out your detector is defective within 30 days, they want to repair it instead of replace it.  Unfortunately, for me it's about 45 days since I purchased the detector.  It was way too hot here in Arizona to get out and fully test it until recently when it cooled down. I am pushing for a replacement because I don't think they really know what is wrong with it and I don't want an underperforming broken seal "suspect" detector I just paid $6k for.  They know there are certain batches that have problems. Those need to be replaced not repaired.  We don't pay that kind of money for junk.

-Don

• Like 5

Great post Rob.  I'd like to add a little to this, if you don't mind.

Since Minelab USA has been short staffed for quite some time (many companies are) I also suggest you follow up the phone call with an email to them at service@minelabamericas.com 

When emailing Minelab and or calling them with any detector issue be sure to have the model of unit, serial # of the detector and date purchased as that info is required to get things going.

Note- It's most wise to assemble and test your detector (and coils) as soon as you get them.  Also make sure the chargers and headphones are taking charge.  Please don't try to operate the detector in the house or back yard.  You need to take the time to get away from all the EMI we are walking around.

I have always recommended those who purchase a detector from me Gerry's Detectors and have issues, I prefer you reach out to me 1st. That way, we can try to trouble shoot before reaching out to Minelab.  Sometimes it's something simple a newer customer is not aware of.

On occasion and it has happened more than once, I might be able to help.   If one of my customers is on a trip and their detector craps out, I have been known to get a loaner to them.  Sometimes it's the same model and then too it could be something even better.  Well known dealers such as Rob and I are supposed to keep a variety of detectors on hand.  Not saying we will be able to provide one every time, but if you never call us, we'll never know.

Back in the day when Minelab USA was more interactive with all the dealers, we used to have a yearly Conference.  Part of the event was to recognize those select dealers who went above and beyond for different  areas of this industry.  We were presented awards for our hard work, knowledge, sales growth, customer service and such.  I can assure you, Rob and I were and still are always at the top for Customer Service for our customers and many others.

Being that we both have stood the test of time in this industry and been with Minelab for over 20 yrs., you know we truly do care for most everyone who is swinging a Minelab detector.  Part of what separates us both from many of the others, is we are small focused detector dealers who enjoy being in the field and sharing our experiences and knowledge.  When you call our offices you don't get a secretary or middle man, you will be speaking with us, the owners of the business.  Yes it might be a day late on occasions (as we are out there learning new detectors and or educating our customers), but we will get back to you.

Wishing everyone a great experience with your detectors, no matter what brand and or model.  It's all about fun, finds and making memories with friends.

July07Michellea.JPG

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Beginners! Beginners! We are not beginners! Jennifer is not a beginner, I am not a beginner. What a smug thing to say. Others got defective 6000's that are not beginners. I've been detecting for gold since 1980.🤬

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1