Who Has Had Issues With Their Gpx 6000?

2 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

In fact, I'd say over 50% of bigger gold in the US in the last 20 yrs has been recovered with VLF's.  Curious minds wonder?🤔

Gerry... I love you man!!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, I Brake For Bedrock said:

Geezz , Calm down.  I'm just funnin with you guys.    By the way, just because someone has been prospecting since 1980, should not imply that they are good at it or successful.  

I know guys who were prospecting in their 80's and now in diapers.  What's worse, I know my day will come.  I've a plan though.  I'm gonna swallow a nugget or two, so I have something to swing my detector over and then pan.  Me gots to keep thinking positive.

To be honest though.  Some of the best nugget hunters I know are older prospectors who have stood the test of time.  And in my eyes, they have earned their success.  Hats off to old prospectors. 

What does this have to do with detector issues.  Most seem to try harder at getting issues figured out.  Most of my calls for help/issues are the younger gen.  Most of my complaints of "lack of success" is certainly the younger gen.  Just saying.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I know guys who were prospecting in their 80's and they're still shitting in their diapers.  What's worse, I know my day will come.  I've a plan though.  I'd gonna swallow a nugget or two, so I have something to swing my detector over and then pan.  Me gots to keep thinking positive.

Anyone who thinks prospecting is only for the young needs to spend a few dinners with Jack Beebe in Rye Patch like I have...he has some stories.

http://www.mylandmatters.org/Library/Bill_and_Linda/nevada2010.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess I'm just lucky with detectors as my 6000 is working just fine, although it did take a couple of outings to christen it with three small colours. I can't recall having problems with any Minelab detector from the GS15000 onwards other than when I was testing prototypes. Prototype testing is essential for sorting out bugs, and manufacturers should undertake rigorous field testing before any machine is introduced to the buying public.

When I was testing the Australian built QED pulse induction detector the early versions were quite impressive, however the builder decided to produce a new model and put it on the market without testing. When I did finally receive the new machine it had more bugs than a Bangkok dormitory. The builder refused to accept that his baby was flawed and after a less that pleasant exchange we parted company. What could have been a good performing detector at a very competitive price turned out to be something less.

Thorough testing is imperative for avoiding product dissatisfaction.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, I Brake For Bedrock said:

Geezz , Calm down.  I'm just funnin with you guys.    By the way, just because someone has been prospecting since 1980, should not imply that they are good at it or successful.  

You know Adam, you really remind me of Bedrock Bob on Bill's forum.💩♻️. How about we just keep this thread on topic. The issues with the 6000!

• Like 4

I did have suspicion about the 6000 back in Jan thereabouts based upon issues I have heard about with the 7000. Overall the 7000 has proven to be a great detector. Heavy, limited-expensive coils, but it did have issues with some units, more often than I care to hear about. When I heard early on what the 6 can do, I thought I should give it a chance. What I was again of happening, happened with the detector I received. I am looking forward to swinging it and seeing for myself, it's strengths.

I have yet found anything with the 6000, and hope to be able to use it properly. Even my Tracker IV has found more than the 6000 for me in a single day. I can see myself swinging the 6000 the same way that I do with my 800 or Tracker IV, but nothing shows up and I get no tones from it. I just wonder if I actually buy one of them would it help.

Valens L, is yours pretty quiet? Do you have a test nugget to test it on? Or a lead sinker. If it is overly quiet after noise cancel and ground balanced and not registering target tones then it has a problem. That is what mine did.

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

My 6000 is working just fine also, but that does not mean that many are not

I do actually wonder if a Geo-Sense programming bug is at fault, as it did occur with mine in remotest Alaska, where it is impossible it was man made EMI. A natural source, like aurora activity/ Perhaps, but feels more like something inherent in the machine. It also seems to vary by machine. Mine, it’sbasically a none issue for me except in rareinstance, easily tamed with the cancel button. But I consider the machine to be inherentlynoisy, like the SDC warble, and so discountwhat others might consider to me major. I’malso used to running machines very hot and noisy regardless, so maybe I’m not mentallyattuned to this as much as others might be. But I also suspect there are machines that are simply doing this more than others, or morelikely, areas where it really is EMI, like Arizona, where that seems more common thannorthern Nevada.

Steve,

I was wondering what is considered a normal amount of warble for the GPX6000’s threshold noise as I do not have another detector to compare mine to. Could you please clarify how often you have to use the noise cancel to stabilize the detector and if using it always calms the unstable or noisy threshold down. I am trying to find any solution to settling down the unstable threshold on mine as it seems to run a little bit unstable in the higher sensitivity levels especially when not using the headphones.

• Like 2

I bought one of the first GPX6000 that was available in South Australia - it has found gold in three states and has had a lot of use with no issues at all.

Same with the Equinox800 - that gets a real workout & in sea water as well - no issues - not even a cracked coil ear.

I must be just dumb lucky or Minelab double quality check any stock coming to their head office home state.

• Like 3