GPX 6000.......sp01

mungass

Who has run the sp01 on their  6

I had a crack , with my cogs as well , but found the cables a pain in the arse ...

Also with the 6,s headphones on 70% volume on the phones and the detector backed off a tad  I hear the feint murmurs ok I reckon anyway 😃

I

• The title was changed to GPX 6000.......SP01

I had a go with it a few weeks ago at Rye Patch and Sawtooth, Nevada.  The Sawtooth area has some pretty hot ground so instead of turning down the Sens (which in retrospect would be the smart thing) I turned the Sp01 to position 3, which tends to mute the tones a bit.  It made the hot ground a little less chattery and I did manage to find 1 small sub, sub gram scrap of gold.  Since then, I ran the 6000 with the 17" coil in some relatively mild ground, but with a lot of atmospheric EMI from an overhead storm.  I did not use the the Sp01, but ran earbuds directly connected to the machine and turned the Sens down to 4 to mellow out the EMI spikes.  I was astounded at the tiny, tiny gold I found.  Individual pieces won't register on my cheapo scale they are so small.  The lesson for me is I don't have to run Steve's Incredibly Hot settings to find small gold with this machine.

I just purchased the Aventree AS70 to make a wireless connection to the Sp01.  I'll run my favorite earbuds from the Sp01 and based on my last experience, turn down the Sens a notch or 2.  I used the Sp01 with the 7000 a lot and I felt that by lowering the machine volume then compensating with the volume on the Sp01 it improved faint tones.   I hope to get out next week and give this setup a trial run again on the 6000.

• Like 3

I ran the 6000 first for a while with the SP01 mostly because I prefer hunting with ear buds and I’ve always liked the sound output with using the SP01. It livens and amplifies while filtering as it is designed to do, the downside I think the 6000 was more difficult to settle down causing the chatter to mask faint signals I think. While a slight difference that and the simplicity and really excellent wireless headphones supplied with the 6000 after trying them I haven’t looked back. 

in the picture is how my setup is with the SP01 

6C07A30E-F25C-496A-A87B-2A1F8676C854.thumb.png.ed7898769ad1cc6f366e0f31dc940247.png

• Like 1

I am guessing Steel Phase 01.  SteelPhase was the nickname and business name of the guy making them.

• Like 2

Correct.... great  unit , but as I said I love being cord free . ala 6000 >>>>

and after turning down and adjusting the 6 , I don,t feel much is missed with its great wireless headphones ...even though the sp lifts the teenist signal .........

• 4 weeks later...

I am guessing Steel Phase 01.  SteelPhase was the nickname and business name of the guy making them.

The SteelPhase name was born from myself and Pat's forum nicks, SteelPat and PhaseTech. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I use the SP01 religiously with the SDC and the 7000. I haven't tried it with the 6000 yet, mostly because I enjoy running the 6000 cable free with the BT headphones that are pretty decent. The signal/audio processing of the 6 is pretty good, so I am not sure if another filter is really needed. For the SDC on the other hand the SP01 is an absolute game changer. Should come in the box! GC.

Hi Nenad (Phase Tech), I heard that SP01 production has stopped. To me, there is still great potential for future sales with some 2nd hand units selling for more than the original purchase price.

Can you outsource the production and QC and you do the final checkout?

Peter

Definitely hasn't stopped Peter. All production is in Adelaide now, and is split between myself and another workshop that does mechanical engineering and electronics assembly. From start to finish it is a very long process. Several units have gone out to various shops this week, but they are likely all pre-sold already. 

I love the sP01 on the 6000, and feel it gives me that extra control over the threshold level, and also improves clarity.  I have heard it through a LL receiver, and the signal was okay, but the audio purist in me prefers it hardwired. 

• Like 4

• The title was changed to GPX 6000.......sp01