Diamonds For Days !

21 hours ago, Slimpickuns said:

Nice work there Kob! Congrats on the gold & other goodies😁..I hit a spot for a few days during the recent high wind/high surf event, ended up with 4 gold and some silver. Loads of targets, the clad was driving me nuts so switched over to tone mode to weed out the clad and just target the gold signals, was very fun indeed!

You mentioned having to turn your head so you could hear due to the wind, does your head phones have weep holes? If so you might want to put some tape over the holes If you haven't already.. My AQ headphones have weep holes, I put tape over them and it helped keep the noise out during high winds..

I don't mind digging lots of clad after many of the crappy hunts I've had. If there's clad , there usually is jewelry. It's been ingrained in me to expect gold , but am often disappointed. I went out last night in Diego for 1.25 hours. Looked good but only 4 targets ! Ugh..

Covering the weep holes are no good. I need new ear pads....wait...I need a new detector ! 2 companies I been looking at are putting on a major jerk show. I typically wear shorts and a long sleeved tshirt. Unless it's really cold , like below 50° ! Then I wear pants and a hooded jacket over my headphones. Otherwise I get too hot and sweat.

• Like 2