A Friend Keeps Giving Good Sites

Great stuff. Really like the details on the IHP, really all your coins are in good shape. Jury is out with me using the lower F2 numbers, large iron here falses big time. Had a piece today that was an 18 until I went to F2=3. Lots of farm shards and other big iron where I am.

• Like 1

Sounds like that site has a lot of potential. Quite a few of my better sites have been grown up like that. It is amazing how much you can improve the searchability of a place like that with a few hours and some good loppers. Plus you have a helper!

Impressive results under any conditions, but particularly in thick vegetation.  That IHP sure didn't see much time in circulation.  Might even have graded out in the AU range but looks like it's been cleaned....

• Like 2

Great finds for sure and glad for the rescue of them.

Good luck on your next hunt.

10 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Impressive results under any conditions, but particularly in thick vegetation.  That IHP sure didn't see much time in circulation.  Might even have graded out in the AU range but looks like it's been cleaned....

if you mean rinsed off with water, yep.

• Like 2

Super patina on that IH. Solid, even patina. Great coin. A little tooth picking and soft tooth brush on the remaining dirt and that's all I would do to it. Nice find. Why didn't you find an 1877 like that? 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rod-pa said:

if you mean rinsed off with water, yep.

Good deal.  The color in the photo made me think more was done.  The chemicals in the soil must have resulted in that.  It's as nice of condition of an IHP just coming out of the ground (only subjected to a water rinse) that I've ever seen.  Mine are always green and usually scaled.  Yours is a beaut!  (I wouldn't do anything more, but that's me....)

• Like 1