Comparison Question 6000 vs 7000

NvAuMiner

Is there or has there been any comparison testing done in the field on depth with the 6000 vs the 7000 using the NF 12" Z-search coil.

Thanks . . .

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Comparison Question 6000 vs 7000

Not seen such a thing, but not saying it's not been done. But most reports on the NF12 say it's about the same as the stock GPZ coil, just lighter. So you could leap from there to GPZ stock coil to 6000 comparisons, which are GPZ deeper on bigger stuff, 6000 hotter on smaller stuff.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Steve, I have found some amazingly small gold with the 7000 stock coil.  Conditions must have been just right because they were sure dinks.  The lighter weight will be nice to swing for a bit.  Found gold the first time out with the NF 12" ... so I broke it in right I guess. 👍

Be Safe ...

• Like 1

I have done some. 

Very rough crossover point is 2.5g. Smaller than that and the 6000 starts to do as well if not better. Larger than 2.5g and the GPZ pulls away. But there's a million variables, starting from expertise on both machine, particularly on the GPZ as the 7000 has a lot more ways of squeaking out some more depth out of it, a key one being Normal ground type, especially in that middle ground where other operators wouldn't run it. 

Also, if the gold is very reefy, the 6000 will do as well as the GPZ up to a larger size. I tested on a 5g ironstone encrusted piece, where the 6000 signal was a little sweeter. But I've also seen it the other way around as well, where 7000 can be superior on some smaller gold. On a flat waterworn 1.2gram, GPZ in General Normal was easily deeper than the 6000 on any setting. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1